TigerDirect (Computer Build)

ShdwGamer

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
Hey all,

Looking to build a computer myself soon, there is a TigerDirect store near me. Can anyone give me their experiences with them or perhaps recommend another place/way to get this build done?

Tyvm, :)

G

This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Systems by Grumpy9117

D

Deleted member 217926

I have ordered from Tiger and had no problems with them. That being said newegg is generally cheaper and Frys is a good place to check as well. I really only order from Tiger when there is a great sale. I am not sure if their store prices are the same as their online prices. Either way check newegg and Frys for pricematching.

kskerns

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Have ordered a couple things from TigerDirect before and had no issues with payment, product quality, etc. They didn't fail so I can't tell you how their customer service is, sorry!

I know this is a long shot, but if you want something from TigerDirect and you happen to be a AAA (auto club) member, you can earn a small portion of your purchase price back in "AAA Dollars" applied towards your membership fee. It's not a dealbreaker but if you happen to be buying $1000 in components and getting 5% back you're about paying for your membership~

IATech

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
I have used their website for quite a while now (9 years). I've never had a major problem. I just bought about $3000 worth of parts from them two weeks ago. That the largest purchase I've made from them. One hard drive was not sent and when I called customer service this past Friday they confirmed with the warehouse and then shipped it out yesterday.

Some times their website may not be completely up-to-date with inventory and you may have an item backordered once the order processes. My video card was but they had it in stock three days later and shipped it out.

The only "knock" I have against them is that with large purchases (I believe >$2000) they want you to fax/email a utility bill to prove that's where you live. This was my first purchase over $2000. I had to call in to their credit department after receiving an email saying my order was on hold. I told them no way that was going to happen since my shipping address matched my credit card billing address. They took the hold off.