Sign in with
Your question

Wifi - cable connection via Antanna (how?)

Last response: in Wireless Networking
October 9, 2010 6:30:05 AM

ok here is my idea of doing this

[ANT]---------- Catv----------- [Cable Modem]-------- Cat5 --------[Router/Switch] ----- Cat5 ----- [network]

so basically this is creating a "Receiver" for a wifi connection than converted to a cable connection than transmitted via cat5e to a router, switch, and/or a transceiver than divided into a network of computers.... now i have a couple questions...

i believe "WiFi" is Radiation of some sort that carries electrical current... the antennas are directors of which way the current is aimed at it like playing passing football. you hold you arm up to "Catch" the ball which the ball is "Electricity" that is than manipulated by metals. (wait a sec..... ok here is my idea that suddenly came in to my head. back in the day they used morse code to transmitte electrical "spraks" that hit a bell or metal plate... so like this:

[+point]<Collide>[-point] ----- creates electric spark ------> travels in a copper highway ------> finds a [bell] than make beep sound

this is like throwing a rock at your neighbors mail box .... Gravity is the neg and the forces of movement of my arm is the pos they both collide and create a pressured release and which the rock travel though the atmosphere and than finds it way to the mail box and makes this loud band sound... OK so you us the antenna to catch the "Electro-Radiation Current" and transmitted tho cable "Isolated Copper" (fiber optics is isolated pipelines that are a super highway for light.) than that cable is than transmitted and converted via modem to than create a task management system for how the "voltage" is distributed than is now amplified to give out deliverance to a compatiable device which is a "computer"

AM i wrong or am i rite...?
October 9, 2010 10:34:27 AM

Wait right here ... I will get badge, who is our resident expert on radiation.

He will fill you in on all of the details.

Just before I go, did you take the red pill ... or the blue pill??

m
l
October 9, 2010 3:18:20 PM

Well sure wifi is directly related to radiation. If you have have ever clubbed yourself repeatedly in the head with a baseball bat that feeling is gravity taking you to the ground. While you are laying there it is radiation that leaves your body and connects your computer to the interwibble or wifi in scientific terms.

If you asked me to name the four scariest threats facing the human race, I would give the same answer that most people would: nuclear war, global warming, Windows and zeelag sitting anywhere near a computer.
m
l
Related resources
October 9, 2010 4:38:34 PM

zeelag don't be put off by badge ... he can be a wealth of information.

The problem is it tends to come out non-contiguously.

Try reading his post backwards.

I think you have a great future here ... a funny post mate !!

Cheers.

m
l
October 9, 2010 9:11:09 PM

badge said:

If you asked me to name the four scariest threats facing the human race, I would give the same answer that most people would: nuclear war, global warming, Windows and zeelag sitting anywhere near a computer.

im only 18 and i still have alot to learn plus this was just a concept that i thought of (i believe it was already thought of by someone else). but now i wonder why am i a scary threat. :love:  ?

hmmm your explanation is mind bobbling... im thinking but i dont know how to put out in words... crap mind cramp :pfff: 

m
l
!