Solved

Gaming rig+monitor in a briefcase

I plan on making a 24"x15"x6" wooden briefcase to house my gaming rig. I plan on mounting the monitor on the thinner part of the briefcase. This won't be very portable by any means but I think It will be pretty cool. Any suggestions on the design?

system:
amd 1055t
gtx465
asus m4a89gtd pro/usb3
4gb 1333mhz ocz
700w ocz psu
64 gb ssd
1tb baracuda 7200rpm
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming monitor briefcase
  1. Best answer
    Just remember Airflow is everything in small enclosures.
    And you will be more suitcase than briefcase.

But sounds like a fun project!
  2. Yes, I plan to move over my 3 120mm fans along with a 180mm to this mobile case enterprise. I realize this setup will be quite heavy so I may be putting some wheels on it. Hopefully the wood doesn't catch fire. An more design revision suggestions?

*Note: I may be getting a GTX 580 if the Ipad 2 is not very exciting.
  3. Are you going to use a PCI Express X16 riser card to flip the graphics card so that it's parallel to the motherboard?

What are you going to use as a CPU cooling solution?
  4. I was going to go back to the standard heat sink and sell my zalman 9700. But I would like some suggestions on low profile coolers. Yes I was planning on moving the video card side ways
  5. Just be sure to come back and post some pictures when your all done :)
  6. H70 cooler for one of your 120mm fans mounted to the side of the case would be slick then you dont sacrafice performance.
  7. Ok 2 new developments today, firstly the ipad 2 was announced, secondly I have 4 upgrade options which I will now list;
    GTX 580
    GTX 570 & h70 & additional 4gb ram kit
    AMD 6950 & h70 & 8 gb ram kit
    Upgrade nothing, buy Ipad 2 and use my existing components in making the case.

Note: My father is an architect so I have recruited him to help with this build. He will probably make some sketches of the case, I will upload them for you guys to see.
  8. if you still care go with the 570 option. or let us know what you did.
  9. Best answer selected by teamqball.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gaming Monitors Systems