Can Default system audio ports run parallel to Sound Card

ajay_raj1988

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
Hello!!!

I have Creative Soundblaster Audigy Value installed on my Core2Duo, 2Gb, Windows Vista (x86).

Before installing the Sound Card i used to connect my headphones & mic in the front ports available on my PC cabinet. They used to give good loud sound.

But after installing the Sound Card the front ports were disabled & now i have to connect the headphones on my woofer which gives normal sound on headphones.

So can i use both, the Sound Card & System ports at the same time without any complication.

Thank You!!!

So can i use both, the Sound Card & System ports at the same time without any complication.

ONLY if a particular program you want to run gives you the explicit option to manually set the output device to something other then the one set as the Windows Default.

For instance, you can set Windows Media Player to use your onboard sound device, and set windows to use the Soundcard as its default. This way, WMP will use onboard, and everything else would use the soundcard.

If your programs do not let you select the audio device, then no, you can't run in parrallel.

ajay_raj1988

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

The Sound Card manufacturer installed the hardware by disabling the ON BOARD SOUND from BIOS. He said it was necessary to disable it. So i guess i cant use some programs to use the default ports.

The Sound Card manufacturer installed the hardware by disabling the ON BOARD SOUND from BIOS. He said it was necessary to disable it. So i guess i cant use some programs to use the default ports.

Theres no reason you should have to disable onboard; I have 4 seperate audio devices installed right now. [Onboard, GPU HDMI out, Xonar Xense, and a USB headset]

Then again, it IS Creative and their horrid drivers we're talking about here...

ajay_raj1988

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

Okay then, i shall enable the onboard & will see what happens. Will post my feedback soon. Thank you