Usb slots freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckaguer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Hey there, I just upgraded my motherboard cpu and ram on, my computer. Everything booted and installed fine, now though while running it seems my usb slots freeze for a second and never recover. Mouse and keyboard lights will go out, then come back on, though can not do anything with them, waited half hour still nothing game back, have to use the computers reset to restart. Though the computer is still running afterwards, movies still play, games are still running, even kept a conversation on ventrilo when it froze with my push to talk button active. Seems to be happening once an hour, had it that way for about 6 hours. Thought I got arount it by plugging everything into my case's usb, but after about 14 hours it just froze again.

Brand new parts
GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB PC12800 DDR3 1600MHz 4x4 (only using 8gbs)
Intel Core i5-2500K BX80623I52500

Old parts, was having no problems running with them
XFX HD577AZNFC Radeon HD 5770 Video Card
Coolmax ZP-1000B Power Supply
Logitech MX518 Gaming Grade Optical Mouse
Logitech (967929-0403) G11 Gaming Keyboard
Cooler Master RC-932-KKN5-GP HAF 932 Advance Full Tower Case
Seagate 1.5TB Serial ATA HD 7200/32MB/SATA-3G

I obviously tried all usb slots, same problem with the 2.0 and 3.0, as well as the ones on the front of my case. Have also updated every driver I could find, same problem.
Have wiped and reinstalled everything again, still happening, though less frequently.

Solution
What kind of USB devices are you using?

Are you using logitech mx518? G930 Headset?

I have the same problems. I think its the mx 518 that causes the problem together with other logitech products.
I have ordered a new mouse and will try it any day now.

chiefen

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
What kind of USB devices are you using?

Are you using logitech mx518? G930 Headset?

I have the same problems. I think its the mx 518 that causes the problem together with other logitech products.
I have ordered a new mouse and will try it any day now.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.