Sign in with
Your question

Front audio - cant get headphones to work

Last response: in Motherboards
January 31, 2012 7:05:51 PM

Hello, everyone! I have been searching for some similar problems on google, and found nothing. So, I am cornered and I need to ask a stupid question. I have bought a computer with a GA 970A-D3 motherboard and I can`t get the front audio to work. I have checked if the guys that sold me the computer made the front panel to work at all, and as far as I can see, the USB connectors are working, so I think that they made the audio connectors work, too. In Realtek audio manager I can see the front connectors, but when I plug the headphones in them, it does nothing. I have a 2.1 connected in the rear, but as far as I know, that should not be the problem. I guess it`s a stupid question, but I would like to connect the headphones in the front, because the cable of the headphones is short, and can`t connect it in the back.

Thanks in advance.
a b V Motherboard
February 1, 2012 12:41:01 AM

did u try the headphone in the rear with no problem?
Related resources
February 6, 2012 7:30:13 PM

I have the same problem, i bought the motherboard a week ago. I have also another problem - when i unlock the fourth core on my Phenom II X3 720 BE, after that my PC freezes a lots(may be the problem is the CPU , not the motherboard), but i saw a few postings from people complaining about this motherboard, i dont know. Probably i will return the motherboard, i think there is something wrong with this model.
February 6, 2012 9:27:42 PM

venkucio said:
I have the same problem, i bought the motherboard a week ago. I have also another problem - when i unlock the fourth core on my Phenom II X3 720 BE, after that my PC freezes a lots(may be the problem is the CPU , not the motherboard), but i saw a few postings from people complaining about this motherboard, i dont know. Probably i will return the motherboard, i think there is something wrong with this model.

As for the front audio jack - I found a solution. In the Realtek Audio Manager click on the folder icon in the right upper corner, right next to ANALOG and check the box "Disable front panel jack detection". It worked for me, hope it will for you. As for the CPU, sorry, can`t help.

"If you want something done right, do it yourself!"
February 7, 2012 1:48:09 AM

Thank you man, i was there but i didn`t see it. Now is ok. For the CPU , i will see what i can do, it works fine for me with 3 cores , but it will be nice if i can use the 4th core. Thank you again.
April 7, 2012 3:07:43 PM

naumovski said:
As for the front audio jack - I found a solution. In the Realtek Audio Manager click on the folder icon in the right upper corner, right next to ANALOG and check the box "Disable front panel jack detection". It worked for me, hope it will for you. As for the CPU, sorry, can`t help.

Hi frnd, i bought have a 970 Asus motherboard- got same problem front audio panel problem, Do the following:

1. Set the BIOS to default(in case u have disturbed it)
2. Got to Control panel > Sounds...>realtech HD sound etc... > audio i/o > go to the ANALOG tab in which there are Green/red etc etc(jacks)..> above/near the jacks there is a WRENCH/setting image(Connector settings)-- click that---Select AC97 front panel support(HD will deselect as soon as you select this)> select OK
3. Hope your problem has been solved... I thought my MOBO or Wiring is faulty,, but it isn't
4. It even works on my 100Rs($2) headphone ;) ....
5. At my BIOS ---SPIF is at HD(i.e. In BIOS everything = default/ press F5)
August 23, 2012 9:00:47 AM

Thanks! It works for me... :) 

naumovski said:

!