Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Acer Recovery "BOOTMGR is Missing

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
November 27, 2011 1:19:28 PM

Hi Guys,
I got a Acer Aspire 5738Z laptop with Windows 7, I created recovery discs and then got windows 2000 installed on it. Now I wanted to get back win 7, so i inserted the first recovery disc and started recovery. On reaching the second disc, i got some error message and recovery failed. On restarting getting message BOOTMGR is missing. I tried reinstalling with first recovery disc but not working. So now I dont have any operating system on my computer and the recovery discs also not working...Please help!!!!
a b $ Windows 7
November 27, 2011 2:21:27 PM

try using the hidden recovery partition

To access the recovery partition on your Acer computer for recovery, follow the steps listed below.

1. Power on the computer
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the Alt key and press the F10 key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery.
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click Restore to Factory Default Settings
4. Click OK to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image


Note that all data will be lost during this process and your computer will be brought back to it's original factory state and settings.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 27, 2011 2:22:05 PM

Try to boot from the Win 7 DVD and perform a startup repair to restore the bootloader.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
November 27, 2011 2:27:10 PM

nikorr said:
Try to boot from the Win 7 DVD and perform a startup repair to restore the bootloader.



dont think that will work as they ran the first recovery disk it should haved wiped the hard drive
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 27, 2011 2:29:08 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
dont think that will work as they ran the first recovery disk it should haved wiped the hard drive

I guess I skipped that part : )
m
0
l
August 11, 2012 5:03:09 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
try using the hidden recovery partition

To access the recovery partition on your Acer computer for recovery, follow the steps listed below.

1. Power on the computer
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the Alt key and press the F10 key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery.
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click Restore to Factory Default Settings
4. Click OK to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image


Note that all data will be lost during this process and your computer will be brought back to it's original factory state and settings.



I have the same issue with my Acer laptop, error message no boot mgr, insert boot disc, which I do not have. Contacted Acer support who had me try this method for recovery but it still did not work. My Acer is only about 6-8 months old, is this a common issue with Acer laptops?
m
0
l
!