Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Why do LGA1155 boards not have integrated video card?

Last response: in Motherboards
February 1, 2012 3:11:20 AM

I did a power search on Newegg for mobo's with LGA1155 and an integrated video card, but only 1 came up, whereas when I took off the integrated video card filter, I got like 130 results.

Is there a reason it's like this? Does this mean that if I choose to go with LGA1155 CPU/Mobo, I have to buy a dedicated graphics card to even use the computer?

Best solution

a c 328 V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 5:22:58 AM

Well, the CPU has integrated graphics, so the mobo don't really need any.

BUILT-IN VISUALS (WITH H CHIPSET)
The visual features built into the 2nd generation Intel Core processor family deliver everything you need to enjoy a stunning and seamless visual experience. Intel Quick Sync Video and newly-added Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) make media processing incredibly fast.

New built-in Intel HD Graphics delivers discrete 3D graphics performance without the needed cost and power of a discrete graphics card, and features Intel Clear Video Technology than enhances video playback, image quality, and color fidelity for a premium visual experience. What’s more, add another dimension to what you see on your PC with Intel InTRU 3D technology which supports stereoscopic 3D Blu-ray playback in full 1080p resolution over HDMI 1.4.

a c 328 V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 5:28:59 AM

opqpop said:
I did a power search on Newegg for mobo's with LGA1155 and an integrated video card, but only 1 came up, whereas when I took off the integrated video card filter, I got like 130 results.

Is there a reason it's like this? Does this mean that if I choose to go with LGA1155 CPU/Mobo, I have to buy a dedicated graphics card to even use the computer?

Just make sure u get the mobo with HDMI or DVI or VGA.

Score
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
February 1, 2012 10:05:54 AM

H61, H67, Z68 all support IGP. P67 does not.
Score
February 1, 2012 1:56:18 PM

Best answer selected by opqpop.
Score
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 3:22:15 PM

There's no such thing as Intel s1155 boards with integrated graphics.

Most of the Intel cpu's have integrated graphics, not all.
Score
a b V Motherboard
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 5:34:46 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!