I have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxgm

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
Ok this may sound kinda lame but im using an older computer( Emachines, 2 GB ram, 2.0 ghz, windows xp...yeah lol) well im looking at 2 graphics cards to replace my crappy fx 5500 which is a very very bad card. I have an agp slot and i did have a HD radeon agp series card which i know is just about the best agp you can get but it messed up on me for some reason so im back to my geforce fx 5500 lol. I plan on upgrading in the next 2 months so to a new comp with a pci express but i just need a quick fix till then so my options are limited to agp and pci plus why spend another 120 dollars on an hd series card again when i can use that 120 towards a new comp. Now, with all that crap out of the way i was looking at the EVGA geforce 6200 AGP 512mb 8x DDR2 OR the PNY 8400 GS 512mb PCI GDDR2, both are the same price at 50 dollars. Yeah i know both cards suck but i just need somthing better then this 5500 and till i get my new comp cuz i cant take this crappy card anymore. and 5500 is only pixel shder 2.0 where the other 2 are pixle shader 3.0

6200 agp 512:

•From our expanded online assortment; not available in all Best Buy stores
•Powered by the 6200 graphics processing unit (GPU)
With Unified Driver Architecture for high-quality graphics power.
•512MB DDR2 memory
To provide the memory needed for visual realism.
•AGP interface
Along with a core clock speed of 300MHz and dual 400MHz RAMDACs for high-speed processing.
•NVIDIA PureVideo technology
Delivers picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color and precise image scaling.
•CineFX 3.0 Engine
Supports DirectX 9.0 for enhanced gameplay.
•Digital Vibrance Control
For sharp images and color.
•Intellisample 3.0 technology
With antialiasing removes jagged edges for incredible image quality.
•UltraShadow II technology
Designed to enhance the performance of shadow-intensive games.
•Video Mixing Renderer
Supports multiple video windows with full video quality and features in each window.
•OpenGL 2.0 support
Enables high-performance graphics.
•DVI interface
For flexible connectivity.

Warranty Terms - Parts2 years limitedWarranty Terms - Labor2 years limitedType of Video CardGraphicsVideo Memory512MBInterface Slot TypeAGPType of ProcessorGeForce 6200Clock Speed of Video Memory (RAMDAC)Dual 400MHzSystem RequirementsWindows 7, XP or Vista; 1GB RAM; 100MB free hard drive space; available AGP slot; CD-ROM driveAdditional System Requirements300 watt power supply

8400 GS 512 PCI: