turning off my LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

i have connected my laptop to my tv set
through a s-video out cable and its amazing!!!
anyway when i want to watch a movie on the TV the laptop monitor
still displays the movie....

well my question is:
how can i turn off my laptop monitor while my tv displays the computer
screen???

p.s. i tried the "Fn" + "F7" thing and its not doing anything

please help ... thx

Not knowing what make and model you have there, nobody can say for sure.
But on mine here, Fn+F1 toggles and laptop's screen on and off. And
Fn+F5 cycles through laptop only, both, and external only.

Cheers!

Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000

Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 15:04:20 +0000

> any one have any idea???

As stated by BillW50, you'll get much better help if you can provide the
laptop make and model number. Different manufacturers use different
keystroke combinations.

Please provide this information.