Gigabyte ud3r motherboard isnt working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

prime_68

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
My motherboard has my graphics card connected to it and when i plug my monitor into the dvi slot using a vga to dvi adapter it saying no sig and the motherboard has orange and green flashing lights coming from the side is because my case came with 6 screws and not 8 to use on the motherboard i used the 6 and 2 holes are not being used

Solution
If you are getting no beeps at all then your problem could be more than the video card because the post process hasn't even gotten to the video card if you haven't heard a post beep yet. This is a list of the beep codes ;

Award BIOS beep code descriptions:

1 short: System boots successfully
2 short: CMOS setting error
1 long, 1 short: Memory or motherboard error
1 long, 2 short: Monitor or graphics card error
1 long, 3 short: Keyboard error
1 long, 9 short: BIOS ROM error
Continuous long beeps: Graphics card not inserted properly
Continuous short beeps: Power error

These are used to detwermine what if any problems the computer is having in the posting process. You will need to check all of the power connectors and make sure...
Do you have the 6 pin pci-e power cable pluged into the video card? The video card is pluged into the pci-e slot closest to the cpu socket? The video card is seated all the way into the slot and the monitor cable is connected at both ends?On the monitor the vga port is activated? Any post beep?

If you are getting no beeps at all then your problem could be more than the video card because the post process hasn't even gotten to the video card if you haven't heard a post beep yet. This is a list of the beep codes ;

Award BIOS beep code descriptions:

1 short: System boots successfully
2 short: CMOS setting error
1 long, 1 short: Memory or motherboard error
1 long, 2 short: Monitor or graphics card error
1 long, 3 short: Keyboard error
1 long, 9 short: BIOS ROM error
Continuous long beeps: Graphics card not inserted properly
Continuous short beeps: Power error

These are used to detwermine what if any problems the computer is having in the posting process. You will need to check all of the power connectors and make sure everything is connected properly , because untill you hear some beeps at all you are not starting the Pc.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.