Be aware of all vcr combat stuff in actual guides...

G

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Be careful what you can read these days in guides about ship and wings combat:

"...Voltar G: Very long ranged and powerful missiles, the problem is that it runs out of them soon. After running out of missiles
Voltar is useless. If it would have more ord it would be one of the best (if not best) anti-ship fighters for its price. Always
set them to quick strike. The amount of Voltars in wing is irrelevant. The 10 Voltars do about same damage than 10 000. Sim it if
you do not believe. Here are the results from quick simulations against Rush (5mSC,5TL,1SC) with different wing sizes. 10 Voltars
all killed, Rush had shields down and 96% armour left. 1000 Voltars all killed, Rush had shields down and 83% armour left. 10 000
Voltars, destroyed Rush (with beams) and 230 Voltars survived. 9 wings of 10 Voltars, Rush destroyed. Voltars do same damage with
missiles no matter how big the wing is, it always launches about same amount of missiles. After that they do some minor damage
with beams if wing is big enough, but take huge losses. Voltar G is an excellent fighter when used in free flying wings of 10
Voltars. It has a travel range of 150 and Bird fighters are stealthier than others.

The mixing of Bird fighters does not make them better. In theory mixing Eagles with Voltars should cause the Voltars to use Eagle
's ord. In practise they do not. Mixing Voltars with Talons or Eagles should make the cheaper fighters to fire their beams
faster. In practise they do not. In money basis Voltars are better against fighters than Talons or Eagles. The Eagle is worst
against fighters and then Voltars and Talons are quite equal, Voltar having slight edge.

Only fighter you should ever build is you type 3 Voltar G. They should be kept in as small wings as possible and have set to
quick strike. DWs should have 2 wings of 10 Voltars. One on one Voltars takes down shields from every non EE ship in game..."

(Latest (May 2005) Bird Guide found on Klingonkommand)

1) The amount of Voltars is relevant

2) Set them to attack dangerous

3) Mixing makes them more cash efficient though less mobile

Currently Voltars are one of the fighter types one have to throw more than one eye onto.

GFM GToeroe

nameless

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2002

Gabor Törö wrote:
> Be careful what you can read these days in guides about ship and wings combat:
>

That one has to be careful with guides is totally normal and is
independent form planets.

>
> ...
> (Latest (May 2005) Bird Guide found on Klingonkommand)
>
>
>
> 1) The amount of Voltars is relevant
>
> 2) Set them to attack dangerous
>
> 3) Mixing makes them more cash efficient though less mobile
>
> Currently Voltars are one of the fighter types one have to throw more than one
> eye onto.

Now I am completly surprised? Really the bird t3 is one of the best
fighters in the moment? And then I remember someone already mentioning
somethings like that, shortly after the host changes, but who was it?
And I think he had also said something which might be the reason for
these different experiences...

G

Gabor Törö schrieb:
>
> Be careful what you can read these days in guides about ship and wings combat:
>
>
>
> "...Voltar G: Very long ranged and powerful missiles, the problem is that it runs out of them soon. After running out of missiles
> Voltar is useless. If it would have more ord it would be one of the best (if not best) anti-ship fighters for its price. Always
> set them to quick strike. The amount of Voltars in wing is irrelevant. The 10 Voltars do about same damage than 10 000. Sim it if
> you do not believe. Here are the results from quick simulations against Rush (5mSC,5TL,1SC) with different wing sizes. 10 Voltars
> all killed, Rush had shields down and 96% armour left. 1000 Voltars all killed, Rush had shields down and 83% armour left. 10 000
> Voltars, destroyed Rush (with beams) and 230 Voltars survived. 9 wings of 10 Voltars, Rush destroyed. Voltars do same damage with
> missiles no matter how big the wing is, it always launches about same amount of missiles. After that they do some minor damage
> with beams if wing is big enough, but take huge losses. Voltar G is an excellent fighter when used in free flying wings of 10
> Voltars. It has a travel range of 150 and Bird fighters are stealthier than others.
>
>
>
> The mixing of Bird fighters does not make them better. In theory mixing Eagles with Voltars should cause the Voltars to use Eagle
> 's ord. In practise they do not. Mixing Voltars with Talons or Eagles should make the cheaper fighters to fire their beams
> faster. In practise they do not. In money basis Voltars are better against fighters than Talons or Eagles. The Eagle is worst
> against fighters and then Voltars and Talons are quite equal, Voltar having slight edge.
>
>
>
> Only fighter you should ever build is you type 3 Voltar G. They should be kept in as small wings as possible and have set to
> quick strike. DWs should have 2 wings of 10 Voltars. One on one Voltars takes down shields from every non EE ship in game..."
>
>
>
> (Latest (May 2005) Bird Guide found on Klingonkommand)
>
>
> 1) The amount of Voltars is relevant
>
> 2) Set them to attack dangerous
>
> 3) Mixing makes them more cash efficient though less mobile
>
>
> Currently Voltars are one of the fighter types one have to throw more than one eye onto.
>
> GFM GToeroe

What is now correct, what do you mean how it works ?
It is not clear for me. And if I see 9/0/1 wing from Solorian act as if a
missile over a range of 600 make 900 damage, then I think it is possible
that something on the Voltar is buggy too.

Bye-Bye JoSch.

G

"Nameless" <unknown_ai@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1117535129.542387.38700@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

>That one has to be careful with guides is totally normal and is
>independent form planets.
Yes, but the addtion "May 2005" let one think its up to date with host193...

>Now I am completly surprised? Really the bird t3 is one of the best
>fighters in the moment? And then I remember someone already mentioning
>somethings like that, shortly after the host changes, but who was it?
>And I think he had also said something which might be the reason for
>these different experiences...

I know. And again respect.

But things couldn't be repeated enough...

GFM GToeroe

nameless

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2002

Gabor Törö wrote:
> "Nameless" <unknown_ai@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1117535129.542387.38700@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>
>
>
> >That one has to be careful with guides is totally normal and is
> >independent form planets.
> Yes, but the addtion "May 2005" let one think its up to date with host193....
>
> >Now I am completly surprised? Really the bird t3 is one of the best
> >fighters in the moment? And then I remember someone already mentioning
> >somethings like that, shortly after the host changes, but who was it?
> >And I think he had also said something which might be the reason for
> >these different experiences...
>
> I know. And again respect.
>
> But things couldn't be repeated enough...
>

Well test with different fighters (maybe with different ranges) and
only look how many shots they are able to shot at the target, in the
case the ship shots at the wing before the wings shots back and in the
case the ship only shots at the wing (if it shots at all) after the
wing did shot at the ship. Maybe something will then become clear (the
wing which shoots before the ship shots will probably fire way more
weapons than the other wing). Use ie. turbo laser and sand caster as
weapons.