Sign in with
Your question

Network issue

Last response: in Networking
July 14, 2010 7:41:27 AM

i have basicly no skills in networking a small business network
im just a hardware Tech so here it goes the office has around 15 pc's
networked trough a Linux Ubuntu server and besides that we have
2 pc,s that are used for clients that are running Linux Ubuntu Dresktop, the problem now
after a odd 2 weeks they no longer want to hook up back to the Linux server which is not my
Department as we have a I.T guy who does that and managers the software of the server and communication and he cannot resolve the issue. The 2 pc's are connected to a 8 port router and it seams fine, can anyone help

More about : network issue

July 14, 2010 2:18:51 PM

need more info. They don't want to "hook up" - what does that mean? File sharing, something else? Can they ping the machine?

Post up more info - IP addressing schemes, software used, other relevant facts.
July 15, 2010 5:47:29 AM

gtvr said:
need more info. They don't want to "hook up" - what does that mean? File sharing, something else? Can they ping the machine?

Post up more info - IP addressing schemes, software used, other relevant facts.

Thanks for the reply :)  i solved the issue, there are two lan cards on each pc one being onboard and the other pci some how the the I.T guy got the cards messed around cause he made the onboards to work in Administration Log in and the pci Lan cards for the clients Log in. Basicly you can ping and would not get anything but thats cleared out thanks man :) 
!