Sign in with
Your question

The right sized Graphics Card for my Small Emachine Tower

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 28, 2010 10:40:38 PM

I have a EL1352G-01w Emachine computer. The tower is small and i am making sure i am buying the proper sized graphics card that will give me enough power to play most of yesterdays games and maybe some of todays. This is the graphics card i have already chosen from what i have figured out so far my self this should fit, if im incorrect or if this card just wouldn't play to many video games i need to know so i can make the right choice.

This is the link to the graphics card i hoped to put in my computer and get good results from.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

And here are the specs. of my computer. Based off Emachines Website.

Specifications
CPU1 : AMD Sempron™ 145 Processor
(2.8GHz | 1MB Total cache)
Operating System2 : Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Chipset : NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE Chipset
Memory3 : 2048MB DDR3 Dual-Channel Memory
Used Slots: 2 × 1024MB, | 0 Slots (Available)
2 DDR3 Slots (Total) - Expandable to 4GB
Hard Drive4 : 500GB 7200rpm SATA
Optical Drive : 16X DVD±R/RW SuperMulti Drive
Write Max: 16X DVD±R, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW,
8X DVD±R DL, 5X DVD-RAM, 48X CD-R,
32X CD-RW
Read Max: 16X DVD-ROM, 40X CD-ROM
Media Reader5 : Multi-in-One Digital Media Card Reader
CompactFlash® (Type I and II), CF+™ Microdrive,
MultiMediaCard™ (MMC), Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard™ (RSMMC),
SecureDigital™ Card (SD), xD-Picure Card™ (xD),
Memory Stick™ (MS), Memory Stick PRO™ (MS-PRO)
Audio : High Definition Audio with 5.1-channel audio support
USB Speakers
Network : 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
Peripherals : eMachines® PS/2 Keyboard and Optical Mouse
AC Power Cord
USB Speakers
Ports : 9 - USB 2.0 Ports (5 Front, 4 Rear)
2 - PS/2 Ports (Keyboard and Mouse)
3 - Audio Jacks
1 - Headphone Jack (Front)
1 - RJ-45 Ethernet Port
1 - Microphone Jack (Front)
1 - VGA Port
Dimensions : 10.4 (H) x 3.9 (W) x 14.6 (D) inches
Weight : 12 lbs. | 5.4 kg (system unit only)
Warranty6 : 1 Year Parts and Labor Limited Warranty with Toll-
Free Tech Support
Software :

* Microsoft® Office Starter 2010
* Norton Internet Security™ 2010 Trial
* Cyberlink® PowerDVD™
* Nero® 9 Essentials
* Adobe® Flash® Player
* Adobe® Acrobat® Reader®
* eMachines® Recovery Management
* Wild Tangent® Game Zone
* Netflix

Price : $318.00
1Overall system performance is based on several PC attributes; GHz, processor clock speed, is one of the attributes.
2Windows 64-bit versions are intended to work with 64-bit drivers and peripherals. Windows 32-bit compatible applications work in Windows 64-bit versions. For information about updating drivers and troubleshooting issues with device drivers for 64-bit versions of Windows, contact the manufacturer of the device or program or check the Microsoft website for additional information.
3Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and/or shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
4MB = 1 million bytes; GB = 1 billion bytes; TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and the operating environment. eMachines Recovery Management utilizes up to 10GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
5Certain functions could require use of adapter supplied with media card and/or operate in non-secure mode only.
6Limited warranties and service agreements apply; visit www.emachines.com/support/warranty.html for a free copy. Service agreements are issued and performed by third parties. May not be available in all locations.
Sale subject to Limited Warranty and Terms & Conditions agreement. All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available at all retail locations. Prices listed are manufacturer suggested retail prices and may vary by retail location. Applicable taxes extra. Not responsible for pricing or other typographical errors.
a b U Graphics card
December 28, 2010 10:57:59 PM

What resolution is your monitor? That's going to make a big difference as to whether this card is going to perform well enough for you. Honestly, these low profile cards are designed for Home Theater PCs (HTPCs) and not for gaming purposes. They're meant to stream Blu-Ray and HD video to a television, and run on little power, in a small space, without putting off much heat. All of which reduces performance.

Here's a sampling of the ATI 4550's performance abilities:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/ati-radeon-hd-4550-512mb-...
m
l
December 29, 2010 12:06:36 AM

jerreece said:
What resolution is your monitor? That's going to make a big difference as to whether this card is going to perform well enough for you. Honestly, these low profile cards are designed for Home Theater PCs (HTPCs) and not for gaming purposes. They're meant to stream Blu-Ray and HD video to a television, and run on little power, in a small space, without putting off much heat. All of which reduces performance.

Here's a sampling of the ATI 4550's performance abilities:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/ati-radeon-hd-4550-512mb-...

1600X1200 it looks like from that review that even though it is not specificaly designed for game play that it could. there probably no way to put liquid cooling in this tower id also imagine. i couldnt manage to see the power i got in there and what it is putting out, when i opened it up.
m
l
!