Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Question about Canon Rebates

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 4:07:30 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I recently purchased the Black Digital Rebel and a couple of lenses to take
advantage of Canon's triple rebate offer. My question is do I need to copy or
cut out anything other then the UPC code and body or lens number from the
lens boxes?

I know that I have to send the UPC code body and lens number as well as the
"Original cut-out product name" from the top of the camera box, but it's
unclear about lens boxes.

Can anyone who's received their rebate clarify this? Thanks!

More about : question canon rebates

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 4:34:18 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"MichiganMan" <MichiganMan59@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:0001HW.BE2BC71200081AB81BE40FC0@news.comcast.giganews.com...
>I recently purchased the Black Digital Rebel and a couple of lenses to take
> advantage of Canon's triple rebate offer. My question is do I need to copy
> or
> cut out anything other then the UPC code and body or lens number from the
> lens boxes?
>
> I know that I have to send the UPC code body and lens number as well as
> the
> "Original cut-out product name" from the top of the camera box, but it's
> unclear about lens boxes.
>
> Can anyone who's received their rebate clarify this? Thanks!
>


I received my body rebate but not my lens rebate. Don't recall now if I
included UPC and product top of lens box but I know I did for the body.

My advice, be on the safe side and include everything.

--

Rob
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 7:46:34 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 13:34:18 -0500, "Robert R Kircher, Jr."
<rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"MichiganMan" <MichiganMan59@comcast.net> wrote in message
>news:0001HW.BE2BC71200081AB81BE40FC0@news.comcast.giganews.com...
>>I recently purchased the Black Digital Rebel and a couple of lenses to take
>> advantage of Canon's triple rebate offer. My question is do I need to copy
>> or
>> cut out anything other then the UPC code and body or lens number from the
>> lens boxes?
>>
>> I know that I have to send the UPC code body and lens number as well as
>> the
>> "Original cut-out product name" from the top of the camera box, but it's
>> unclear about lens boxes.
>>
>> Can anyone who's received their rebate clarify this? Thanks!
>>
>
>
>I received my body rebate but not my lens rebate. Don't recall now if I
>included UPC and product top of lens box but I know I did for the body.
>
>My advice, be on the safe side and include everything.

Good idea: buy the kit, package it up and send it off for the rebate!
:-)
Seriously, read the rebate directions carefully. Make a scanner copy
of everything, then print it out, and look at it to make sure
everything required is there. File away the printed copy, as well as
keeping the scanner file. By checking he scanner print, you'll be able
to see what the fullfillment house will see when they open your
envelope.
This works for me.

Do the camera body and lens rebate requests go in the same envelope
(obviously, I didn't get a rebate when I purchased)?
--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Related resources
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 8:38:45 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Cut UPC from box, include a copy of receipt, fill out rebate form correctly,
send in before expiration date. I've done it numerous times and received
all rebates. Takes a little while though.

Jimmy
"MichiganMan" <MichiganMan59@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:0001HW.BE2BC71200081AB81BE40FC0@news.comcast.giganews.com...
> I recently purchased the Black Digital Rebel and a couple of lenses to
take
> advantage of Canon's triple rebate offer. My question is do I need to copy
or
> cut out anything other then the UPC code and body or lens number from the
> lens boxes?
>
> I know that I have to send the UPC code body and lens number as well as
the
> "Original cut-out product name" from the top of the camera box, but it's
> unclear about lens boxes.
>
> Can anyone who's received their rebate clarify this? Thanks!
>
>
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 1:14:12 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 2/6/05 12:07 PM, in article
0001HW.BE2BC71200081AB81BE40FC0@news.comcast.giganews.com, "MichiganMan"
<MichiganMan59@comcast.net> wrote:

> I recently purchased the Black Digital Rebel and a couple of lenses to take
> advantage of Canon's triple rebate offer. My question is do I need to copy or
> cut out anything other then the UPC code and body or lens number from the
> lens boxes?
>
> I know that I have to send the UPC code body and lens number as well as the
> "Original cut-out product name" from the top of the camera box, but it's
> unclear about lens boxes.
>
> Can anyone who's received their rebate clarify this? Thanks!
>
>
Having just gone through this not too long ago, as I recall, you have to cut
out the 'product name' from the lens boxes. Their instructions are not
entirely clear in this regard!
For your additional information, check the offer dates on your rebate offer
many of them I believe expired on 1/31.
Chuck
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 2:18:35 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:14:12 -0500, C Wright wrote
(in message <BE2BF29C.18E7C%wright9_nojunk@nojunk_mac.com>):

> On 2/6/05 12:07 PM, in article
> 0001HW.BE2BC71200081AB81BE40FC0@news.comcast.giganews.com, "MichiganMan"
> <MichiganMan59@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I recently purchased the Black Digital Rebel and a couple of lenses to take
>> advantage of Canon's triple rebate offer. My question is do I need to copy
>> or
>> cut out anything other then the UPC code and body or lens number from the
>> lens boxes?
>>
>> I know that I have to send the UPC code body and lens number as well as the
>> "Original cut-out product name" from the top of the camera box, but it's
>> unclear about lens boxes.
>>
>> Can anyone who's received their rebate clarify this? Thanks!
>>
>>
> Having just gone through this not too long ago, as I recall, you have to cut
> out the 'product name' from the lens boxes. Their instructions are not
> entirely clear in this regard!
> For your additional information, check the offer dates on your rebate offer
> many of them I believe expired on 1/31.
> Chuck
>

I agree, their instructions are rather vague. I'm going to give them a call
tomorrow to find out for sure. I want to make sure everything is in order as
it's a substantial rebate.

Yes, you are correct, the offer ended on 1/31. Products had to be purchased
by 1/31 and the rebate submissions postmarked by 2/21.

Robert
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 2:19:00 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 13:34:18 -0500, Robert R Kircher, Jr. wrote
(in message <UuidnUz-kcW2_pvfRVn-iw@giganews.com>):

> "MichiganMan" <MichiganMan59@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:0001HW.BE2BC71200081AB81BE40FC0@news.comcast.giganews.com...
>> I recently purchased the Black Digital Rebel and a couple of lenses to take
>> advantage of Canon's triple rebate offer. My question is do I need to copy
>> or
>> cut out anything other then the UPC code and body or lens number from the
>> lens boxes?
>>
>> I know that I have to send the UPC code body and lens number as well as
>> the
>> "Original cut-out product name" from the top of the camera box, but it's
>> unclear about lens boxes.
>>
>> Can anyone who's received their rebate clarify this? Thanks!
>>
>
>
> I received my body rebate but not my lens rebate. Don't recall now if I
> included UPC and product top of lens box but I know I did for the body.
>
> My advice, be on the safe side and include everything.
>
>

I agree. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to find out for sure. I want
to make sure everything is in order as the rebate is substantial.

Robert
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 2:20:08 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 18:46:34 -0500, Big Bill wrote
(in message <grad01po14c5bjr7mk45h2fvsko2oggjvh@4ax.com>):

> Good idea: buy the kit, package it up and send it off for the rebate!
> :-)

> Seriously, read the rebate directions carefully. Make a scanner copy
> of everything, then print it out, and look at it to make sure
> everything required is there. File away the printed copy, as well as
> keeping the scanner file. By checking he scanner print, you'll be able
> to see what the fullfillment house will see when they open your
> envelope.
> This works for me.

I have read the rebate directions carefully. However, Section D from the
claims form states "Original cut-out product name from top of the box. The
picture shows a camera box. My question is this required from the lens boxes
too?

>
> Do the camera body and lens rebate requests go in the same envelope
> (obviously, I didn't get a rebate when I purchased)?

Yes, I pre qualified the rebate submission on-line and it says to include
everything in one envelope. I'm going to call Canon tomorrow to find out for
sure. I just thought someone here might have had the same question when they
filed their submission.

Robert
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 2:21:24 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:38:45 -0500, Jimmy Smith wrote
(in message <y_wNd.24612$3W3.2536@bignews4.bellsouth.net>):

> Cut UPC from box, include a copy of receipt, fill out rebate form correctly,
> send in before expiration date. I've done it numerous times and received
> all rebates. Takes a little while though.

That doesn't answer my question though. Section D from the claims form states
"Original cut-out product name from top of the box. The picture shows a
camera box. My question is this required from the lens boxes too?

I'm going to call Canon tomorrow to find out for sure. I just thought someone
here might have had the same question when they filed their submission.

Robert
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 9:53:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 13:07:30 -0500, MichiganMan wrote
(in message <0001HW.BE2BC71200081AB81BE40FC0@news.comcast.giganews.com>):

> I recently purchased the Black Digital Rebel and a couple of lenses to take
> advantage of Canon's triple rebate offer. My question is do I need to copy
> or
> cut out anything other then the UPC code and body or lens number from the
> lens boxes?
>
> I know that I have to send the UPC code body and lens number as well as the
> "Original cut-out product name" from the top of the camera box, but it's
> unclear about lens boxes.
>
> Can anyone who's received their rebate clarify this? Thanks!

Just in case anyone is interested or hasn't sent in their rebate submission.
I spoke to two Canon customer service representatives this afternoon. I was
told by both that the original product name from the top of the lens boxes
must be sent to receive the rebates.

Robert
!