Sign in with
Your question

What is the best motherboard for the AMD Phenom II X4 810 2 6Ghz 95W OEM CPU

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Graphics Cards
Last response: in CPUs
June 1, 2011 9:07:18 PM

I am building a computer for my time and have a few puestions. What mobo and video card is best for the AMD Phenom II X4 810 2 6Ghz 95W OEM CPU? I am not into gaming, but do like to pictures and home movies. I going to put a Ultra U12-40873 LSX 650-Watt Power Supply. I will be using Windows 7 and do I need a video card that can operate two monitors?

Art Poston

postonart@yahoo.com

More about : motherboard amd phenom 810 6ghz 95w oem cpu

a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
June 1, 2011 9:29:04 PM

First you should read this sticky:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic...

The best motherboard for you will depend on what purpose the machine is used for and budget. I can recommend motherboards from $40 to $200.

Not gaming? Then you don't really need a 3D graphics card. You also don't need a 650W power supply, you'd be better off with a quality unit of 500W.

I'm not sure multimonitors are a good use of your money unless you want to have surround gaming experience. In which case, 3 monitors is better because then you won't have a bezel in your center field of view.

Follow the sticky, then we can better offer some suggestions customized for your needs.

m
l
a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
June 1, 2011 9:30:45 PM

Also you should consider new motherboards and CPU's coming from AMD in the next few months and how much upgradability is important to you.
m
l
!