Uninstall

G

Hello,
I had an old computer with a WGR614v8 wireless router installed on it. I gave the old computer to my neighbor. I bought a new computer and hooked up the same WGR614v8 wireless router to my new computer. Now we both are having problems. I need to know how to uninstall the wireless router from the old computer. I have tried everything.

G

You don't install or uninstall a router. The CD which comes with a router just helps you set it up.

I suggest you come back with what the symptoms are -- more likely a problem with Windows or with the Network Adapter or with Modem or with the incoming feed (if you are both with the same ISP).

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
You don't need to uninstall the wireless router from the old computer since your problem was to connect the new computer(your unit) to the old router.

With the new unit (your new computer) install the software for your wireless card (PCI) if your using one. If it is successfully installed it will look for available wireless connection. You have to configure this wireless card to connect to the router - SSID, pass code.

TRENDING THREADS