Sign in with
Your question

Asus Crosshair IV Extreme or Asus Crosshair IV Formula

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 29, 2010 2:01:21 AM

I have a graphics card,SAPPHIRE HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 PCIE and a Creative soundblaster Extreme Gamer Fatalty which requires PCI connection.Which among the above mother mother board is better for games and sounds?
Please help.
December 29, 2010 2:41:51 AM

vinocks said:
I have a graphics card,SAPPHIRE HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 PCIE and a Creative soundblaster Extreme Gamer Fatalty which requires PCI connection.Which among the above mother mother board is better for games and sounds?
Please help.

Unless you want the ability to mix and match AMD/Nvidia GPU's with the Extreme's Lucid Hydra chip, either board will work. In fact, the Formula will give you two PCI's instead of just one, which you might find yourself needing. But I question your selection of either of these high end boards unless you are an extreme overclocker, intend to be one, and are prepared to deal with the heat issues already present and documented for some users with their North and South bridges. I'd read up on both those boards carefully if I were you. You may find a lot of the features overkill unless you are in the extreme geek camp or plan to be.

In other words, there are many other lower priced boards that will satisfy just fine for an AMD CPU build. They don't call the bleeding edge that for nothing ya know. And bleeding really sucks when all you wanted was some fun and games.
!