I7 2600k Stock Temperatures

charmen

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
I have been googling for awhile and i cant seem to find anything about temperatures with stock ghz and stock fan so are these right?

Using prime95 I get

core 1: 88
core 2: 92
core 3: 94
core 4: 91

thats the most ive ever gotten, right now my room temp is about 23.4'C and all of the temps above are in C, so is this normal? Remember everything is stock, fan and ghz.

Edit: I have bought myself a NZXT case and the fans are lowering my temp a little but still not enough

core 1: 81
core 2: 84
core 3: 87
core 4: 83

bearclaw99

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
Oh man, that is WAY too hot. You shouldn't be getting that at stock speed even with the stock cooler. Either reset your cooler, or invest in a better one like the CoolerMaster Hyper 212+

My i7 2600K @ 4.6 ghz will only hit 72 C on the highest core after 10 hrs of Prime 95

bearclaw is refering to your HSF. It is not properly installed.
The stock HSF are notorious for not getting all four pushpins setted properly. To check you need to look on the back side and see if all 4 white numbs are protruding. On the thermal paste, if stock - although not the best should be ok.

If you find you have to remove the HSF, you must also clean all the old thermal compound off and reapply. Artic Silver five is good and you just need a pea sized spot in the middle then spread it evenly.

Might google "Installing Intel HSF on - insert your cpu here--", some good youtube vids.

For stock w/ Intel HSF, prime 95 should be high 60s, low 70s.
To indicate how far off you are, My I5-2500k runs approx 50 C for the four cores after 2 hours of prime 95 (HSF=Zalman 9900Max)

charmen

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Ok ill check how its done, I bought all the parts from memory express and they put the cpu, fan, and ram in for me so ill see if they did anything wrong in there

it could have easily jostled loose in transit if its pre assembled, re-seat it, and you'll be fine. It will seem like you are putting too much pressure the mobo will bend, but the pins will snap home.

charmen

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011

Installed my new NZXT case and checked the fan, its all good and there nothings wrong with its placement but im still getting pretty high temps

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

Hi!
I have stock cooler and using IntelBurnTest I get around 87c.And yes i reseated my stock cooler 3 times.

It isnt the best.But Prime shouldnt give you that high of temperatures.
When i play games like Crysis i get around 55c.