Sign in with
Your question
Closed

maxing out with 32gb ddr non ecc P8B WS

Last response: in Motherboards
February 2, 2012 2:57:27 AM

Im planning on buying an Asus P8B WS, the board has capabilities for 32gb of non ecc memory.
my plan is to max it out with 4 8gb sticks, same name brand Patriot.. PGD316G1333ELK
Question is, is it known to be flakey when this board is maxed out on ram?
a c 180 V Motherboard
February 2, 2012 3:08:51 AM

While it is true that motherboards have a maximum amount of ram listed that you can install but they tend to run better if you don't actually put in the max and fill all the slots.So unless there is a real need for that much ram then you would be better off with 16gb (2x8gb). Is this 32gb needed for work related programs?
Score

Best solution

a c 328 V Motherboard
February 2, 2012 3:12:16 AM

kttech said:
Im planning on buying an Asus P8B WS, the board has capabilities for 32gb of non ecc memory.
my plan is to max it out with 4 8gb sticks, same name brand Patriot.. PGD316G1333ELK
Question is, is it known to be flakey when this board is maxed out on ram?

No problems to max out, if u have a kit for that amount of the RAM.

People that have a problem, they have mostly 1 stick bad or slot,

but sometimes is enough to adjust the voltage .10V up.

Sometimes people use 1.5V with 1.6V and some mobos will not adjust for that too.

Don't worry kttech.
February 2, 2012 4:33:15 PM

nikorr said:
No problems to max out, if u have a kit for that amount of the RAM.

People that have a problem, they have mostly 1 stick bad or slot,

but sometimes is enough to adjust the voltage .10V up.

Sometimes people use 1.5V with 1.6V and some mobos will not adjust for that too.

Don't worry kttech.

thanks for the info, plan is to get 1kit now then max it out down the road with same ram
Score
a c 125 V Motherboard
February 2, 2012 4:39:35 PM

Well, if you can find ram on my list that is also on the QVL, all the better, but I wouldn't be too picky about it. Asus can only test a small sample of all the ram available.

P.S. If you're only going to do half the ram at a time, then use this list, which is 16GB kits (2x8GB)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
Score
February 9, 2012 8:25:47 PM

Best answer selected by kttech.
Score
February 9, 2012 8:26:18 PM

abekl said:
Well, if you can find ram on my list that is also on the QVL, all the better, but I wouldn't be too picky about it. Asus can only test a small sample of all the ram available.

P.S. If you're only going to do half the ram at a time, then use this list, which is 16GB kits (2x8GB)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

thanks for the list
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
February 9, 2012 10:43:19 PM

Thanx for the vote : )
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
February 9, 2012 10:43:26 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!