Cyber power pc

xevious_69

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
>>>>>DO NOT BUY CYBERPOWER<<<<<<

I normally build computers for my family, but do to my military obligations I could not build another computer for my father to upgrade his 8 year old machine that I built. So I decided to build him one on cyberpowers website as their prices seemed reasonable. HUGE mistake!! Besides the extremely long wait for the PC and the overpriced shipping...here is the laundry list of problems...
1. Case was advertised as including 4 fans, however when it arrived it only had one fan. after talking to sales associate he confirmed it was not advertised correctly, then basically said it was my fault that it was incorrect.
2. Advertised with free upgrade to ddr1600 ram, selected upgrade, however computer arrived with 1333 ram, called sales associate, said that it was my fualt again
3. Paid an extra $20 bucks for professional wiring. knowing the importance of cable management for cooling etc. However when recieved the wiring appeared a though a 12 year old kid did it, there were connectors, and wires randomly hanging throughout the case. Tech support had no idea what they were for.
4. No instructions for hook up, and no keys included for OS or included software. OS disc was not an orinal windows disc just a reboot disc.
5. Computer gave BSOD upon wake up from sleep. Tech support(when you could get ahold of them) could not fix the problem.
6. Window on case was all scratched up
7. Video card was not a major brand name as advertised
8. customer support(when you could get ahold of em) were extremely useless, and refused to fix any problems. They were indifferent and uncaring about these problems. Evidently management alway has the day off as they were not around to discuss these issues either.

So now my father who survives off of his retirement now has to pay to outta pocket ship this thing back and receive a refund lacking of the postage he paid when he originally purchased this monstrosity.

I feel horrible as I basically pointed my father into their claws, and placed trust into a company that does not care what kinda crap they give to their customers, and assumes no responsibility for any of their failures.

I urge all of you reading this to seriously reconsider any dealings with this extremely flawed company.

In this case cheap PC = extremely poor product, service, and support.

>>>>>>DO NOT BUY CYBER POWER<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

natefostersr

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I burned my mobo and cyber power replaced it for free. Also they let me upgade my parts i only paid the difference.

They shipped me my i7 rig for less then the parts cost on new egg.

YOu win some u lose some i guess

galeener

Distinguished
Yep they some folks have issues with them like some people have issues with every company out there. No company is perfect .
We have had 3 of their systems with no issues at all. I build my own also but for the wife and son I got lazy and ordered from them.
Both are still running to this day with no issues. As with everything your milage may vary.
You do see a lot of bad write ups, but then again most people usually only take the time to write if they are unhappy. I have 2 systems from them that are fine one of then was built when 680i motherboards when brand new and is still running great today with raid and slied 8800s. The 3rd my mom and dad are still using to this day and its at least 3 years old.
When you build with them you have to still be specific and use good judgements on what parts you put in the build.
If you pick a pisspoor power supply because its cheap for your build its really your own fault not theirs when it dies and takes some of your parts with it..
They are just an assembler. Its no different if you did it yourself and chose crappy parts but with them at least there is a warranty.
As with anything some folks have good experiences and some don't.
you have the right to your opinion and everyone else theirs.
I have no issues with them and some folks that have asked me about them I have recomended them for meadium to lower end builds.
I always suggest people check the system as soon as they get it to make sure
1. its all there
2. everything is seated and connected. Because shipping usually plays hell with a desk top or larger system.

dhpridemore

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011

I've spent about 6 hours over the last three days reading their forums. I would summarize CP this way. If your new PC arrives in good working order you will probably be OK and consider your experience positive. For the rest of us who have a problem, your experience will be a nightmare! Read the CP customer feedback forums, there are many many dissatisfied customers who took the time to post.