Displayport adapters

crazyfool319

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
I'm having issues setting up my second monitor. I have an HDMI, VGA and Displayport on my video card. If i use the HDMI i get a big black border around my monitor no matter what i do so im stuck with my VGA and display port. I have my main monitor hooked up through the VGA, no problems. My question is will the VGA to displayport passive adapter work to hook up the second monitor. I have heard that only the active should be used with Eyefinity but im not using eyefinity just a typical extended monitor. If someone could let me know if the passive adapter will work or how to get rid of the border on my monitor i would be very grateful.

crazyfool319

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
Thats entirely a different issue because catalyst control center wont work on my computer for some reason. I am now trying to get an older version of CCC and try that to see if that will work.

gonads3

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
"Thats entirely a different issue", I think not. I'm helping you with your query; "how to get rid of the border on my monitor".
Yes, having no CCC might not allow you configure your device correctly. Fix that and I'm sure you'll be able to resolve your scaling options.