Best Bang for my Hard Earned money Yo . :P HELP !

-jB

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
first of all i wanna thank all of the peopLe on tom's hardware that heLp peopLe everyday and sharing their thoughts and knowLedge 'em proud of you ! I learned aLot i mean ALOT from this site even though i just signed up earLier coz i have a 1million dollar question before i trigger na button.

ill be getting
GPU: XFX HD RADDEON 5770
CASE: NZXT LEXA S
DRIVER: Asus black 24x
HSF: CM Hyper +212
HDD: Samsung F3 1TB
RAM: G.skill DD3 1600mhz
Monitor: Asus Vh242

and my Question is

1. ill be pLaying WoW,SC2,DotA ( maybe try other games ) and ill watching massive movies @1080p or more and ill try to teach my seLf how to edit a DotA vid , but not that much video editting since i dont know how to do it yet . So what shouLd i get ? Athlon II x3 445 or Phenom II X4 955 ? does this cpu have a Lot of differences ? ( i.e better muLtitask , no lag , etc ) pLease expLain .

2.what is better MOBO ? Asrock 870 extreme3 or Msi 870A-G54 ? or suggest any ?

heLp me , i really want the best bang for my hard earned money , if you know some good combo or cheaper parts i wouLd to hear that from you . i can do aLot of changes . coz i cant really made up my mind . on CASE,CPU,and maybe ill get a 6850 ? im not really sure if i can take the advantage of that higher end GPU than 5770 .

Solution
If Microcenter is an option

965BE + Gigbayte 760G $149.99
http://www.microcenter.com/specials/promotions/AMDbundlePROMO.html

Parts from Egg $313AR
Untitled-2310.jpg

$463AR total

banthracis

Distinguished
1. Blizzard games have a habit of working better with fewer faster cores, and favoring Intel CPU's over AMD. A highly overclocked athlon ii X3 should give you similar performance to a x4 955, but if you have the money then phenom II would be the better option. DO remember though that bulldozer and sandybridge are both imminent or re-imminent in SB's case, so you'd probably be better off waiting a month or so and see how things turn out.
2. Most mobo's are pretty similar these days in terms of features, there's honestly very little distinction. That said, it's usually customer support and build quality that people look for instead. Both asrock and MSI are mid tier mobo makers. The top 2 are Gigabyte and asus.

-jB

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
@batchuka - what do you mean if microcenter is an option ? is there anything wrong with that site if i buy the MOBO+CPU there ? ( and the case is cheaper there in microcenter too ! ( isnt the Asus m4A88TD-v better buy ? )
wow . thanks aLot . i wanted to get gtx460 but i dont want to spend over 130$+ on just GPU so i said to my seLf XFX 5770 naer 100$ is fine . but then BAM ! you showed me a gtx460 with a free games . really cant beLieve thanks for that . what can you recommend about the MONITOR ? i guess ill be getting one . where can i get the cheapest one ?

@banthracis - so what will happen if i wait like a month or 2 ? do you think i can get a CPU for lower price ?
or maybe a bulldozer ? ( if its cheap though ) who knows ?

Nope for the huge difference for bundle hitting that Asus won't give ya more frames - even less so with HD 5770 @@

Games over a spread aren't even quadcore optimised for for tight budgets the last thing u wanna do is compromise in the GPU

The Game Rundown: Finding CPU/GPU Bottlenecks, Part 2
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/game-performance-bottleneck,2738-16.html
Conclusion: A Trend Toward 3+ Cores

The average optimal number of CPU cores suggested by the test results is 2.75, showing a clear trend towards at least three CPU cores.The question of whether the CPU or GPU is most important is easily answered. If you don't have a multi-core CPU, then upgrade it. If you have a dual-core CPU at around 3 GHz, then invest your money into a graphics card, as most games are GPU-limited. This is not something that will change with new DirectX 11 games.

Wsoul1

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011

The Micro Center bundles are only available in stores.

-jB

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
@batchuka - thanks fir the Link , i will read that .

@Wsoul - yea , i went at the site and cheked yes you have to pick up the CPU at the store but the mobo they will deliver it ( LOL thats extra budget for the shipping cost cant you just get them both at the store ) and 1 more thing the CASE is like 10$ cheaper at microcenter . wouLd love to get my CASE there too . and OMG there's onLy 2 stores at US hehe