Advice on new build

Loader

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Hi there,

First time poster, long time reader.

I am looking to build my own PC again, but I am a little bit behind in terms of what's hot and what's not (Last build was over 5 years ago).

I've looked at several barebones, and lots of components, but as above I have no idea what I'm looking at anymore :(

Approximate Purchase Date: 1-2 Months

Budget Range: £400-£600

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (TF2, Rift, WoW, CSS) - Nothing too demanding.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Headset/Speakers, Monitor (I'll get one later - unless someone has one in mind that fits in my budget).

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Scan.co.uk, Overclockers.co.uk - Not too bothered tbh, as long as it's a trusted retailer.

Country of Origin: Basingstoke, England

Parts Preferences: AMD ideally, but not too fussy. If it runs the above games with decent settings @ ~20FPS I'll be happy.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Not with that budget!

Monitor Resolution: 1600x1200 (As above, don't worry too much)

Additional Comments: Any type of advice is welcome. I would like to build the system from scratch, rather than get a barebone (I find this more rewarding and it used to be cheaper..).

Many thanks for taking the time to read this, and I appreciate any help you can give me.

Regards,

Loader

This was my high octane/low cost 1920 x 1080 UK gamer so some ideas? Off EBuyer UK
Untitled-1329.jpg