Sign in with
Your question

Coolermaster 310

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 29, 2010 3:27:37 PM

Hello,

I recently purchased a Cooler Master elite 310 mid tower and was told that it can't safely fit a video card larger than 8.5" I was wondering if there was a good card that would fit that dimension. I wanted a GTX 460 but when I did some online searching, most cards exceed 9" Is there a comparable card that would fit the size restriction or should I just return the case and look for another?

I prefer not to go to the hassle of returning the case if there is a decent card that will fit. I'm not going to use SLI or do much upgrading in the future.

Thanks.

More about : coolermaster 310

December 29, 2010 11:49:00 PM

If i am right in saying coolermaster has a sideways facing hdd bay that you can take out so you can fit bigger gpu's in the case. with that bay in you can only fit 8in gpu's however with it out you can fit larger ones. on the other had if you do take it out you will lose 4 hdd bays and will end up with only 2 left so if you are planing to put more than 2 hdd's in you will not be able to take the sideways hdd bay out.

if cant take the hdd cage out you can mod that case a bit and take it out with a dremel or you can just be satisfied with cards like the gts250 and the HD5770 (both of which are around 8.5 in) :) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2010 4:14:04 AM

seeing the review http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cm_elite_310/5....
i don't think that sharpbrick is right
i think any 9 inch card will fit..
in the review 8800gts is used if my memory is correct its a 9inch card,... look out for 9inch cards.. gtx 460 is 8.25 inch long..
go for it :) 
m
l
Related resources
December 30, 2010 11:11:57 AM

Thank you. The case should arrive today, so I'll see what kind of modifications I can make.

On another note, is there a list or chart anywhere that shows the current dimensions of various video cards? I emailed Galaxy Technology and they only responded that their GTX 460 would fit in 8.5" That's good news, but I was hoping for a list or sizes.

THX
m
l
December 31, 2010 3:28:36 PM

Great budget cases. For $40 delivered from Amazon, they're terrific. I've used two so far. The only negative is that the inside isn't black. Aside from that I highly recommend them.
m
l
January 3, 2011 1:00:34 AM

mjsharma said:
seeing the review http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cm_elite_310/5....
i don't think that sharpbrick is right
i think any 9 inch card will fit..
in the review 8800gts is used if my memory is correct its a 9inch card,... look out for 9inch cards.. gtx 460 is 8.25 inch long..
go for it :) 

yes you are right thanks for correcting
m
l
September 8, 2012 2:41:50 PM

I know this is an old thread but I have a gtx 670 in my elite 310 which fits fine, like 1cm gap
m
l
!