30fps in GTA IV at 1440 x 900 on a HD5870? What's the problem?

Hiya I just for GTA IV for PC expecting to be able to max it out really easily and was really sad when I was getting a very inconsistent 30fps at a very low 1440 x 900. I have tried lowering the settings but I still get the same frame rate? any ideas as to why this is happening? See my specs in my sig by the way. Thanks :)
7 answers Last reply
More about 30fps 1440 hd5870 what problem
  1. GTA IV isn't very well optimized.
    Have you downloaded the latest VGA drivers? also make sure you have the latest patch for the game.
    How's the performance in other games ?
  2. Performance in other games is fantastic, getting like 40fps at my current resolution is crysis maxed out, yeh I've got the latest patch and VGA drivers :|

Video's on youtube show other people with extremly similar specs getting 60fps at 1980 x 1080 o_O
  3. hmm,I remember getting 30-40FPS at 1920x1200 .(My specs are i7 860/HD 5970)
    I think those guys used different settings.
  4. It's not a consistent though, it drops down to about 10 frequently and is far from playable :|
  5. hmm,That's strange.
    Have you run the benchmark tool ? if so,then how much FPS did you get?
  6. I think it's the card. I did a stability check and it keeps blue screening :(
  7. Could be, but it's strange that it works fine in every other games(as you mentioned)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics