Strange gpu occurance

krewx078

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
Hello my friends. I just finished installing my new 6970 and i must say the power is impressive. However, when I run any application that uses sound for example itunes or any game I get a really annoying beep that doesn't go away coming from my headphones. It doesnt necessarily have to be playing some kind of sound for it to make the noise. In fact, it does it even upon opening a web browser. The best way to explain it is like when you get ringing in your ear except this is constant until you close the app. Can anybody please help me. I have installed the newest drivers and cleaned all previous ones. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm assuming you didn't have the issue before you bought this video card.

1. Are your headphones pluged directly into the computer or into something else and if it is something else then what? If you plug your headphones into a monitor or reciever of some kind try pluging your headphones directly into your computer. If they are already pluged into your computer try the rear port.

2. Are you using HDMI for video\audio? HDMI can send audio with the video but must pass through the video card.

3. Is your video card, North Bridge, South Bridge, RAM or CPU overclocked in anyway? If you do have something overclocked, set it back to auto and see if that makes a difference.

4. Do you use onboard sound or a sound card? If you use a sound card and you happen to have a different slot available try moving the sound card to a different slot that is farther away from the video card.