Asussupport. I need o get complete manufacturing specs for the ASUS IPIBL-LB Mot

Dazed and confusedXV

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
I purchased a HP pavilion p6212f in Jan. 2010 and started having problems with it soon thereafter. A wide variety at that. But right now i am concerned about the inability to get support for driver updates, bios,and chipset details. At present there is information out of problems with the chipset used on this computer. HP advises to contact Intel, Intel advises me back to HP, Pegatron doesn't show anything for this motherboard, ASUS IPIBL-LB, otherwise known as Benecia GL8E once turned over to HP. HP Customer support doesn't agree with the update saying that that chipset is not in my computer even though the update clearly states that model. I would also like more concrete information on the CPU in the equation. Is it a single core or dual? Can a dual core switch back and forth from day to day on being one or two cpu's? Per my system information I have had devices of varying quantities on the four different times when I recorded the findings. I am very interested to find out what is going on and who would like to please clarify what is next. There is many more questions to be answered. I would like to learn something out of this. One more item, can AMD architecture and Intel cpu's coexist in the same case with no compatibility issues?

G

This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Systems by Grumpy9117

First off, download one of the following
hardware monitor
Cpu-z
install and run your chosen information mine, these programs will tell you things like, Mobo model,processor model,number of cores and speed, amount/speed/standard of ram, any graphics on there etc
so you'll soon know what parts they've cobbled together and sold you,
personally I wouldn't be dealing with anyone EXCEPT the vendor I bought the unit from,
You paid them the money, its they're responsibility to sell a good product,
and no, unless Hp are seriously going mental, you wont have a mix of Amd/Intel, an Intel cpu will not sit on an Amd socket, and vice versa,
Good luck with your findings, keep us updated as to progress :)
Moto

hiraom04

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

this might be way too late but here is the HP specs link (hard to find for this computer which was not sold in USA)
HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, IPIBL-LB (Benicia)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01324212