Tags:
  • Presario
  • Hard Drives
  • Partition
  • Computers
  • Components
Last response: in Components
June 2, 2011 9:35:00 PM

I had a new hard drive installed into my Presario 6024US a few years ago. The hard drive was too big however, and we had to partition off a few gigs so that my computer would boot. I recently had to restore my computer and it deleted the partition, so now it won't boot and I have no idea how to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

More about : presario 6024us partitioning hard drive

June 8, 2011 3:00:26 AM

If I'm understanding you right: You now have a hard drive that is totally fine except that the partition is too large for your system?

If everything restored correctly, you can hook that drive up to another computer and use PartitionWizard (or similar) to shrink the partition down to a size that's acceptable for your system.
m
l
Related resources
June 8, 2011 3:03:05 AM

^ No he LOST the partition.
m
l
June 8, 2011 3:21:59 AM

Oh, I thought he restored it but the restored partition defaulted to the entire size of the drive and, thus, his system couldn't access it.

Follow Dogman's suggestion. If you want an extra measure of security you can hook your HD up to another computer and back up important files and THEN try the restore. Just be careful not to write anything to the drive.
m
l