Is it me or?

Frizzo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
is Asus quality control really going down the gutter? we all know their technical service departments are among the worst in the industry...now their actual products seem to be faltering as well...I'm getting ready to halt 10 years of exclusive asus motherboards about now...not sure who to go to though yet....look at this interchange between the asus newegg tech guy and this asus customer, it's seriously almost like they are trying to destroy their own company...look at this (excerpt from reviewer because it's too long otherwise):

Cons: DOA, bad out of the box. Simple, point blank issue. Failures noted on LED readout targeted bus issues that were not uncommon for this board. Asus can have issues, but I like their overall stance.

now look at this response from the asus guy:

Manufacturer Response:
Dear Valued Customer,

Sorry to hear about the issues. Socket damage is not covered by warranty, unfortunately. It might be an idea to try and straighten the pins out manually (very carefully).

Regards
ASUS Customer Support

LOL? this is the flagship asus motherboard, and the guy is telling him to try and manually straighten the pins? the guy must be angry beyond words...read it in it's entirety, it's the 2nd review down on the maximus asus p67.

I think if nothing else, it's time to switch motherboard companies as a statement if nothing else...this is absolutely disgraceful.

Yeah, I've read responses like this on other brands. I used to use only Gigabyte and ASUS for whatever I build, never had to return the board and nobody complained to me about bad mobo.

But some retailers when they get returned one, they don't plug it in with CPU and they slap on it 5% discount sticker and there it goes. I've seen it in Bestbuy. So if anything was wrong with the mobo just returned, next customer might just get it.

Same @ Frys, local computer store, when I exchanged some boards or PSU's some they looked at it counted the cables and put it back on the shelve. Only few times some one actually looked on the mobo CPU slot if anything was bent.

So, if u are unlucky enough, and get a board returned and not-inspected, u could be mad in couple of days .... Sucks.

Frizzo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
wasn't me, that was some guy who bought that maximus board...if you read the whole thing on newegg.com, he says they bent the pins...there is always a chance that he is lying...but, if he is telling the truth, that is just so bad. buy a $300 mb like that, it's got problems, you rma it and they bend the pins and tell you sorry we won't replace it...then the icing on the cake, the support guy on newegg tells you to manually bend the pins on a $300 board...