Question about Host order

I am too lazy to sim it:

Does anybody know what comes first:
Minelaying or Glory device ?

Thanks a lot!

Lordfire

You Sure? Minelaying happens at the end of movement after combat. GD
devices occur before combat. Well, this is the way I thought I read
about it happening. But then again, I'm no great expert.

Lordfire schrieb:
> I am too lazy to sim it:
>
> Does anybody know what comes first:
> Minelaying or Glory device ?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Lordfire

Minelaying.

Bye-Bye JoSch.

soxee schrieb:
> You Sure? Minelaying happens at the end of movement after combat. GD
> devices occur before combat. Well, this is the way I thought I read
> about it happening. But then again, I'm no great expert.

You thought wrong, GD explosion happens after movement as the mine laying too.
And yes, I'm sure.

Bye-Bye JoSch.

Even though some have said that GD sweeps newly laid mines, I'm not
convinced they always go last. It depends whether mines have their own
turn in the host sequence or if they are handled along with the rest of
the devices. If both minelaying devices and GDs are simply handled as
devices in turn, it may be that it simply matters which ship gets
handled first. Which theoretically is determined by ship XP, but that
theory has come into question lately.

Sims of ships with different XP levels combined with more sims of ships
with different object IDs could tell the whole story.

Scytale

nameless

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2002

Experiences (from 2003) tell me that at that time GDs were after
minelaying, might have changed something but I do not think so. At that
time I used in total (4 games - 3 as Cents) over 100 GD ships to blow
up minefields and I have never seen in any of the games anything which
would even suggest that GD explosion is not after minelaying. And many
of these ships had 0 exp and not much skill either.

Scytale wrote:
> Even though some have said that GD sweeps newly laid mines, I'm not
> convinced they always go last. It depends whether mines have their own
> turn in the host sequence or if they are handled along with the rest of
> the devices. If both minelaying devices and GDs are simply handled as
> devices in turn, it may be that it simply matters which ship gets
> handled first. Which theoretically is determined by ship XP, but that
> theory has come into question lately.
>
> Sims of ships with different XP levels combined with more sims of ships
> with different object IDs could tell the whole story.
>
> Scytale

Thanks!

Lordfire

Scytale schrieb:
> Even though some have said that GD sweeps newly laid mines, I'm not
> convinced they always go last. It depends whether mines have their own
> turn in the host sequence or if they are handled along with the rest of
> the devices. If both minelaying devices and GDs are simply handled as
> devices in turn, it may be that it simply matters which ship gets
> handled first. Which theoretically is determined by ship XP, but that
> theory has come into question lately.
>
> Sims of ships with different XP levels combined with more sims of ships
> with different object IDs could tell the whole story.
>
> Scytale

Then test it and give me a surprise if it happens before.

Bye-Bye JoSch.