Question about Host order

I am too lazy to sim it:

Does anybody know what comes first:
Minelaying or Glory device ?

Thanks a lot!

Lordfire
11 answers Last reply
More about question host order

    GD but will you believe me is another question :-)

    You Sure? Minelaying happens at the end of movement after combat. GD
    devices occur before combat. Well, this is the way I thought I read
    about it happening. But then again, I'm no great expert.

    Lordfire schrieb:
    > I am too lazy to sim it:
    >
    > Does anybody know what comes first:
    > Minelaying or Glory device ?
    >
    > Thanks a lot!
    >
    > Lordfire

    Minelaying.

    Bye-Bye JoSch.

    And I confirm this. GD sweeps newly laid mines!

    soxee schrieb:
    > You Sure? Minelaying happens at the end of movement after combat. GD
    > devices occur before combat. Well, this is the way I thought I read
    > about it happening. But then again, I'm no great expert.

    You thought wrong, GD explosion happens after movement as the mine laying too.
    And yes, I'm sure.

    Bye-Bye JoSch.

    Cool, thanks for correcting me :-)

    Even though some have said that GD sweeps newly laid mines, I'm not
    convinced they always go last. It depends whether mines have their own
    turn in the host sequence or if they are handled along with the rest of
    the devices. If both minelaying devices and GDs are simply handled as
    devices in turn, it may be that it simply matters which ship gets
    handled first. Which theoretically is determined by ship XP, but that
    theory has come into question lately.

    Sims of ships with different XP levels combined with more sims of ships
    with different object IDs could tell the whole story.

    Scytale

    Experiences (from 2003) tell me that at that time GDs were after
    minelaying, might have changed something but I do not think so. At that
    time I used in total (4 games - 3 as Cents) over 100 GD ships to blow
    up minefields and I have never seen in any of the games anything which
    would even suggest that GD explosion is not after minelaying. And many
    of these ships had 0 exp and not much skill either.

    Scytale wrote:
    > Even though some have said that GD sweeps newly laid mines, I'm not
    > convinced they always go last. It depends whether mines have their own
    > turn in the host sequence or if they are handled along with the rest of
    > the devices. If both minelaying devices and GDs are simply handled as
    > devices in turn, it may be that it simply matters which ship gets
    > handled first. Which theoretically is determined by ship XP, but that
    > theory has come into question lately.
    >
    > Sims of ships with different XP levels combined with more sims of ships
    > with different object IDs could tell the whole story.
    >
    > Scytale

    Thanks!

    Lordfire

    "nospam" <j_schwarze_@freenet.de> wrote in message
    > soxee schrieb:
    >> You Sure? Minelaying happens at the end of movement after combat. GD
    >> devices occur before combat. Well, this is the way I thought I read
    >> about it happening. But then again, I'm no great expert.
    >
    > You thought wrong, GD explosion happens after movement as the mine laying
    > too.
    > And yes, I'm sure.
    >
    > Bye-Bye JoSch.

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Scytale schrieb:
    > Even though some have said that GD sweeps newly laid mines, I'm not
    > convinced they always go last. It depends whether mines have their own
    > turn in the host sequence or if they are handled along with the rest of
    > the devices. If both minelaying devices and GDs are simply handled as
    > devices in turn, it may be that it simply matters which ship gets
    > handled first. Which theoretically is determined by ship XP, but that
    > theory has come into question lately.
    >
    > Sims of ships with different XP levels combined with more sims of ships
    > with different object IDs could tell the whole story.
    >
    > Scytale

    Then test it and give me a surprise if it happens before.

    Bye-Bye JoSch.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    GD explodes after minelaying.
    Never saw anything else.

    Loki

Games Devices Video Games