NEW computer build question.

mdy_18

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
I built a new computer a month or so ago..and everything runs good. But, ive noticed when i turn my computer on, it doesnt beep like other computers. Is that a sign that something is working the way it should be? Or did i just simply not plug in a cord for that when i built my computer?

Solution

It just means your motherboard doesn't have a built in speaker. Usually your case will come with a speaker that can be attached somewhere on your MOBO. Check the MOBO manual if you want to see where to attach it. I actually like the fact that my computer doesn't beep.

redhotchilipackers

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010

It just means your motherboard doesn't have a built in speaker. Usually your case will come with a speaker that can be attached somewhere on your MOBO. Check the MOBO manual if you want to see where to attach it. I actually like the fact that my computer doesn't beep.

Solution
As said above, it just means you dont have a case speaker installed, many boards dont have one these days, and most cases dont seem to come with one either, as long as the system boots it really doesnt matter since the beeps are just to tell you the status of POST, if it boots it obviously passed POST just fine.