Closed Solved

How well does the GTX 460 1g play @ 1080p

No I am not talking about buying one now... I have one.. But I was thinking about getting a 1080p screen ...


Also if I game with my old and my new monitor will I loose performance even if its set to only use the new 1080p one?


Do you guys have a suggestion for a 1080p monitor? I prefer from Newegg but amazon or tigerdirect works too if the deal is that good.


One last thing what do I have to do to keep my second monitor working with the first. If I just plug both in will both work.
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about play 1080p
  1. Best answer
    Look through these benchmarks: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-geforce-gtx-460-ftw-01g-p3-1378-tr-overclocked,2795-6.html

    Keep in mind a couple things; 1) You are looking at the normal 460 1GB unless you overclock. 2) A lot of these benchmarks are on pretty demanding games. If you aren't playing these, it may fair better.
  2. bystander said:
    Look through these benchmarks: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-geforce-gtx-460-ftw-01g-p3-1378-tr-overclocked,2795-6.html

    Keep in mind a couple things; 1) You are looking at the normal 460 1GB unless you overclock. 2) A lot of these benchmarks are on pretty demanding games. If you aren't playing these, it may fair better.


    I have the gigibyte superclock version.. But I could overclock it past that if I had to.. I just am scared to do it.. =p
  3. Is anyone going to give a real answer? To atleast my other questions. I am not stupid I knew where the benchmarks where and have been on this site for awhile.
  4. You can get both monitors to work. You'll just need to right click on the desktop and choose screen resolution. In that window, you will click detect and your 2nd monitor will be shown. You'll then choose "Extend these displays" so you increase your desktop. You'll also want to check "make this my main display" if the wrong monitor is the main display.
  5. bystander said:
    You can get both monitors to work. You'll just need to right click on the desktop and choose screen resolution. In that window, you will click detect and your 2nd monitor will be shown. You'll then choose "Extend these displays" so you increase your desktop. You'll also want to check "make this my main display" if the wrong monitor is the main display.


    But I can just plug them in.. I was well aware of the numbering part.
  6. Yes.
  7. This page describes how to overclock using Afterburner:
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-460-soc-review/18

    I think you just plug in both monitors, then go to the Nvidia Control Panel to configure each one.

    Samsung makes the best monitors, but I recommend you try to find one that runs at 120 hz. My monitor is great at 27 inches, and I got it cheap from Costco.
  8. I've been using an MSI 1GB gtx460 overclocked to 850 core and 2100 memory on default voltage at 1080 rez for a few months now. I can say that I run any game at highest settings with no problems. I like my games to run no lower than 60fps as much as possible so I dont really use AA but I keep AF at 8x. I also have 2 monitors in at all times, never had a problem.
  9. Zark Strife said:
    I've been using an MSI 1GB gtx460 overclocked to 850 core and 2100 memory on default voltage at 1080 rez for a few months now. I can say that I run any game at highest settings with no problems. I like my games to run no lower than 60fps as much as possible so I dont really use AA but I keep AF at 8x. I also have 2 monitors in at all times, never had a problem.



    Thats good to hear :)
  10. Unless you enable crazy amounts of AA, the GTX 460 should be able to play most games smoothly at full HD with max settings.
  11. Tamz_msc said:
    Unless you enable crazy amounts of AA, the GTX 460 should be able to play most games smoothly at full HD with max settings.



    Good now I just need to find a monitor =p
  12. yeah I was running a 460 768MB for a while, OCed to 850 also which ran everything quite nice on a fullHD screen.

    I would indeed highly recommend a Samsung monitor, they are absolutely beautiful!
  13. Best answer selected by Randomacts.
  14. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Monitors Graphics