1.1 mobo causing slow texture load time in UT3?

Hey guys. my specs are as follows:
Amd athlon ii x4 640
4gb ddr3 ram
sapphire ati 5670 512mb
biostar n68s3+motherboard nforce 630a chipset

When im about to start the game (when the game starts its fine), the games textures fully load in like 5 seconds or so. I am playing on the highest settings available on 1280x1024.
Dxdiag says I have 2295mb Vram which im guessing shares from my 4gb ddr3 ram. So I was wondering is this 5 sec delay in textures something to do with having a 1.1 mobo or is the card just slow. The card is pci-e 2.0
8 answers Last reply
More about mobo causing slow texture load time
  1. Yes the PCIe 1.1 mobo would be the culprit in the texture loading times. The card is 2.0 but it is slightly bottlenecked by the mobo.

    5 secs doesnt seem TOO long though...
  2. yes I know 5 secs isnt long, just wanted to know what caused the delay, Thanks.
  3. Quote:
    Yes the PCIe 1.1 mobo would be the culprit in the texture loading times. The card is 2.0 but it is slightly bottlenecked by the mobo.

    5 secs doesnt seem TOO long though...


    care to explain how pcie1.1 is bottlenecking a 5670? any proof on this?
  4. PCIe 1.1 is about half the bandwidth of 2.0
  5. Quote:
    PCIe 1.1 is about half the bandwidth of 2.0


    and a 5670 eats the whole bandwidth of pcie1.1? lolerskates.
  6. You know, I think you are right. It doesnt seem likely that the 5670 would be affected now that I think about it.

    OP, I have heard of other Unreal Engine games that have slow loading textures (Singularity), but never UT3...
    hmmm...
  7. ncorder said:
    You know, I think you are right. It doesnt seem likely that the 5670 would be affected now that I think about it.

    OP, I have heard of other Unreal Engine games that have slow loading textures (Singularity), but never UT3...
    hmmm...


    oh thats strange then :P
  8. qasim1991 said:
    oh thats strange then :P

    Yeah I know, in Singularity, sometimes the textures dont even load, they just stay in a VERY low quality. Google it, there's some pretty bad stuff. Made me stop playing the game.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards DDR3 Games Graphics