ECS KA3 MVP Extreme and a Radeon HD 5770?

Viperk8b

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
A friend of mine wants to sell me his old HD 5770 gcard but i have a small concern, my motherboard not being compatible with it and there for not working, does anyone know if these two are compatible please help me out I've been all over google and have not got much help.

My Mobo : ECS KA3 MVP Extreme

Kevvon

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012

I have the same mobo and my hd5770 (vapor x) does not work as well... No signal is being sent to the monitor... My card is brand new. I bought it almost a year ago and at first attempt to install it did not work. I thought originally that my 450 PSU was to weak so I waited until I could afford a new PSU and upgraded to a 630 watt this month and that did not work either.

I as well researched and found that there is a ton of defective 5770s.

But since you have the same mobo as me, maybe your right and maybe the video card just does not the like mobo.

If you figure it out please reply.

Viperk8b

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012

Are you sure? my only concern is that the card is described as a pci-e 2.0 x16 I don't wanna buy it off him and find out my board doesn't support it in some way.

Also if it does? would I have to flash my bios in any way or what? thank you in advance.

TRENDING THREADS