Food to Supply Converters

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Is there a way to automate these devices in the same manner that one can
automate alchemy? If there is it eludes me, and I apologize for being so
dense and thank the person who can enlighten me.

Eric

nameless

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2002

Well have the ship orbit the base, use the CCs for beaming up food and
beaming down supplies and have the food-supply converter enabled. You
might also depending on the storage size of the ship, and if there is
the chance that too much food gets turned into supplies, you might want
to use the reserve levels on that base.

Eric wrote:
> Is there a way to automate these devices in the same manner that one can
> automate alchemy? If there is it eludes me, and I apologize for being so
> dense and thank the person who can enlighten me.
>
> Eric

Having run a couple of tests....

It seems that the BUF code is always executed before the BDS code, even
if BDS is in the 1st Command Code 'slot'.

A simple fix would be to execute all beam-down codes (BD*) prior to
executing any beam-up codes (BU*).

This still requires 1 turn of lead time to get it going, since on the
first turn it will be beaming up the food after the Device had run.
But every turn following will run this way:
1. Convert Food to Supplies
2. Beam Supplies Down
3. Beam Food Up

That is much more efficient that the current:
Turn A:
1. Beam Food Up
Turn B:
1. Convert Food to Supplies
2. Beam Supplies Down
TurnA:
TurnB:
etc...

nameless

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2002

But in your tests you probably always had a full fuel tank, and if not
no fuel on the base.

Eric schrieb:
> Is there a way to automate these devices in the same manner that one can
> automate alchemy? If there is it eludes me, and I apologize for being so
> dense and thank the person who can enlighten me.
>
> Eric

IMHO yes. Read the Command codes, they should do it.

Bye-Bye JoSch.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Command Codes do not work exactly right from my recollection. I'll run some
tests again to post exactly what happens but my experience in the past is
that it takes mulitple turns to beam up food, have it converted, and beam
down the supplies. What I've been doing is having my ships set to BDS with
the converter on and manually beaming up my food each turn as BUF and BDS
don't get the job done in the same turn :-(. I agree that they should, but
they don't for me.

Thanks,
Eric

"nospam" <j_schwarze_@freenet.de> wrote in message
> Eric schrieb:
> > Is there a way to automate these devices in the same manner that one can
> > automate alchemy? If there is it eludes me, and I apologize for being so
> > dense and thank the person who can enlighten me.
> >
> > Eric
>
> IMHO yes. Read the Command codes, they should do it.
>
> Bye-Bye JoSch.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Well, I looked it up and the answer to this is in the host order of events.
Command codes are processed after ship devices. So there is no way unless I
am mistaken to get the job done in one turn using the command codes. One
must do it manually as I have been doing. This explains why alchemy ships
have a unique and seperate button to do thier job. A similar button on Food
to Supply converting ships would be nice, or a tweak in the order of host
events to allow automation of this device and similar ones via command codes
and device usage. I'd like to be able to park my F>S converter over a planet
and not look at it again after setting the CCs and Device as I do with my
merlins, I think that the intention is there for this to be done but it
isn't working at the moment. Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,
Eric

P.S. I CCd this to Tim so he is aware in case he misses this post. Thanks
Tim!!

Eric schrieb:
> Well, I looked it up and the answer to this is in the host order of events.
> Command codes are processed after ship devices. So there is no way unless I
> am mistaken to get the job done in one turn using the command codes. One
> must do it manually as I have been doing. This explains why alchemy ships
> have a unique and seperate button to do thier job. A similar button on Food
> to Supply converting ships would be nice, or a tweak in the order of host
> events to allow automation of this device and similar ones via command codes
> and device usage. I'd like to be able to park my F>S converter over a planet
> and not look at it again after setting the CCs and Device as I do with my
> merlins, I think that the intention is there for this to be done but it
> isn't working at the moment. Correct me if I am wrong.
>
> Cheers,
> Eric

On my Alchemie ships I don't need the unload Metals switch, I let them run
with BUS and BDM and it works fine for me. So you conclusion that the
devices are run after the devices. But maybe that the F-S Converter runs
at an other time in the host order.

Please test it with BUG and BDS as CC-codes, if you are testing, if it not
work maybe it work with only one time delay.

Bye-Bye JoSch.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

With Alchemy ships I also use BDM sometimes, but I never use BUS. Turning on
alchemy seems to automatically beam up supplies for you.

> On my Alchemie ships I don't need the unload Metals switch, I let them run
> with BUS and BDM and it works fine for me. So you conclusion that the
> devices are run after the devices. But maybe that the F-S Converter runs
> at an other time in the host order.
>
> Please test it with BUG and BDS as CC-codes, if you are testing, if it not
> work maybe it work with only one time delay.
>
> Bye-Bye JoSch.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What does fuel have to do with this? Am I missing something?

"Nameless" <unknown_ai@web.de> wrote in message
> But in your tests you probably always had a full fuel tank, and if not
> no fuel on the base.
>
> Amaranthine wrote:
> > Having run a couple of tests....
> >
> > It seems that the BUF code is always executed before the BDS code, even
> > if BDS is in the 1st Command Code 'slot'.
> >
> > A simple fix would be to execute all beam-down codes (BD*) prior to
> > executing any beam-up codes (BU*).
> >
> > This still requires 1 turn of lead time to get it going, since on the
> > first turn it will be beaming up the food after the Device had run.
> > But every turn following will run this way:
> > 1. Convert Food to Supplies
> > 2. Beam Supplies Down
> > 3. Beam Food Up
> >
> > That is much more efficient that the current:
> > Turn A:
> > 1. Beam Food Up
> > Turn B:
> > 1. Convert Food to Supplies
> > 2. Beam Supplies Down
> > TurnA:
> > TurnB:
> > etc...

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What does BUG do? I'm not familiar with that CC.

> > Please test it with BUG and BDS as CC-codes, if you are testing, if it
not
> > work maybe it work with only one time delay.

> What does BUG do? I'm not familiar with that CC.

Short Answer ------> BUG - Beam up food.

Long Answer ALL CC Codes:

SHIP COMMAND CODES

BEAM DOWN
BDA - Beam down all cargo except ord and guests
BDC - Beam down Mc's.
BDF / BDG - Beam down all the food.
BDM - Beam down all metals and Mc's (except neutronium)
BDN - Beam down all fuel (excep 60 kt).
BDO - Beam down all ord (excep 500)
BDP - Beam down all troops, colonist, HG's and Mc's (in a base of your
property)
BDS - Beam down all supplies

BEAM UP
BUC - Beam up Mc's.
BUF / BUG - Beam up food.
BUM - Beam up metals
BUN - Beam up fuel.
BUO / ORD - Beam up ord.
BUR - Beam up repair units.
BUS - Beam up supplies.

SPECIAL COMMAND CODES
NCH - Ship doesn't travel in warp chunnel or jump point.
REC - recharge a minefield within 200LY with fresh ord instead of dropping a
new field. The type of minefield will be the type the ship is set to drop.
RFD RFT RFM RFS can be used by Fuel Refinery ships to control what goods
will be used to make fuel
WPF - Ship uses waypont target instead escort target. If ship has not
waypoint then escort target is used.
WPP - (Waypoint Priority) ship first go to its waypoints destiny and then
use the intercept (or escort) target.

RACE SPECIFIC COMMAND CODES
JOE can be used by a ship with a Jump Point Generator to ensure that only
escorting ships and wings will jump with the ship.
JOE command code on a chunnel ship stops undocked pods from leaving with the
ship.
LSD - Colonies: Virgo's light speed ON, even for insanly short distances.
LSP - Colonies: Virgo's light speed still activated after the movement
MET - Aczanny: "Cargo Desk" will make pods with metals.
NID - Q Scavenger ships gets a new Id.
NOT - Colonies: Stops of training troops in ships.
R## - Rebel ## (01-30) is the number of the race your ship seems to
be.You're immune to the damage of their mines.

BASE COMMAND CODES
TNT - you can destroy a base by setting the command code of the base to TNT.
This requires that a ship be in orbit and no colonists on the base.
GBA - Give Base Away. Your base will be given to any other race with a base
on the planet. It will go to any friends you have first,
if you have no friends it will be given to your enemy. All your assault
units, fighters, special race buildings, colonists, crew, troops and high
guard will vanish.
EPA - causes the base to destroy all smelters and mines. (Curiously similar
to the American Environmental Protection Agency.)
USA - removes labor camps and labor mines from the base.
CIA / KGB wipes alien hull plans
DOC destroys old cities, causes all cites to be destroyed. (Not undercities
though.)
NOG stops base gathering stuff from the planet
ATF removes cantinas

and the G is for grain (food)

"Lord Lancelot" <lordlancelot@Nospamthankyou.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: ho9pe.4291$_n2.515785@news20.bellglobal.com...
>> What does BUG do? I'm not familiar with that CC.
>
> Short Answer ------> BUG - Beam up food.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I guess I can give it a go with BUG rather than BUF, but I'm doubting it'll
make a difference. Thanks for letting me know about BUG though, I don't see
that anywhere on Tim's site.

Eric

"Lord Lancelot" <lordlancelot@Nospamthankyou.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> This requires that a ship be in orbit and no colonists on the base.
> GBA - Give Base Away. Your base will be given to any other race with a
base
> on the planet. It will go to any friends you have first,
> if you have no friends it will be given to your enemy. All your assault
> units, fighters, special race buildings, colonists, crew, troops and high
> guard will vanish.
> EPA - causes the base to destroy all smelters and mines. (Curiously
similar
> to the American Environmental Protection Agency.)
> USA - removes labor camps and labor mines from the base.
> CIA / KGB wipes alien hull plans
> DOC destroys old cities, causes all cites to be destroyed. (Not
undercities
> though.)
> NOG stops base gathering stuff from the planet

I don't know about the order, But I use the same 1 turn lead on all other
process. ie:mobile repair plants, mobile ord plants, ect.
With alch. and ore processing it's not necessary.

-J-