Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help with full screen on my games

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Games
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 29, 2010 10:31:55 PM

Not to long ago my games stopped play in full screen. I have not change anything at all. Even though is is set to run in full screen it does not. I get the picture in the middle and on the sides there are two thick black bars. I did go into properties and under run I selected Maximized. That did not do anything either. If you can shed some help to fix this. Thank You

More about : full screen games

a c 217 U Graphics card
December 29, 2010 10:38:35 PM

Right click your desktop and look at "screen resolution". (if you use something other than windows 7, it may be under properties or desktop properties, I forget). Then increase your resolution to the max resolution you can which should be your naitive resolution for the monitor.

Then once you are in a game, you can select a larger resolution to max what your monitor uses as it's naitive resolution.

You are in fullscreen in these games, it's just the resolution you are choosing is smaller than the resolution supported by your monitor.
m
0
l
a c 217 U Graphics card
December 29, 2010 10:39:10 PM

Another posibility is an underscan issue. This is usually only an issue if you are using a TV as your monitor.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 29, 2010 10:59:48 PM

bystander said:
Another posibility is an underscan issue. This is usually only an issue if you are using a TV as your monitor.


I do have a TV attached to it but thats not my main monitor
m
0
l
December 29, 2010 11:02:05 PM

bystander said:
Right click your desktop and look at "screen resolution". (if you use something other than windows 7, it may be under properties or desktop properties, I forget). Then increase your resolution to the max resolution you can which should be your naitive resolution for the monitor.

Then once you are in a game, you can select a larger resolution to max what your monitor uses as it's naitive resolution.

You are in fullscreen in these games, it's just the resolution you are choosing is smaller than the resolution supported by your monitor.


Did not work game and monitor are set to the same res.
m
0
l
a c 217 U Graphics card
December 29, 2010 11:05:59 PM

But what rez is that? Is it the naitive resolution of your monitor?
m
0
l
December 30, 2010 1:33:03 AM

bystander said:
But what rez is that? Is it the naitive resolution of your monitor?


it is 1920x1080 and yes it is naitive
m
0
l
a c 217 U Graphics card
December 30, 2010 1:40:29 AM

So the black bars around the view area only happens in 3d games?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2010 1:45:34 AM

I had that happen with far cry 2 on mine and did a reinstall and it fixed it for some reason.
m
0
l
December 30, 2010 11:10:03 AM

bystander said:
So the black bars around the view area only happens in 3d games?


no just 2d unless Sherlock Holmes, and Amnesia the Dark Descent are not 2d, then just 2d
m
0
l
December 30, 2010 11:11:30 AM

reinstall windows ,it will be fine.
m
0
l
!