huskah

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Right, in the last week my pc has died. I first thought It was the mobo but it has now been tested today by Scan and not found to be faulty.

My problem is that I cannot use the middle DIMM (B1) will not post when a RAM module is inserted. I have tested all my RAM in various configurations and managed to get it to boot into the OS with "A1" and "C1" in use. I have tested the RAM in Memtest and they are all working fine. My first thoughts after doing this would be that the motherboard is faulty but apparently not. After the RMA was rejected I phoned up and a nice women on the phone suggested it could be the memory controller on the CPU. How would I go about testing the CPU for a faulty memory controller? I read into the problem before the RMA and it was said that if the controller was faulty none of the memory would have worked. I have also ran prime95 on the CPU and it had passed no problem.

Also my SSD broke at the same time, one of the drives wasnt being picked up. This was tested and was faulty. Just waiting for that to be sent to OCZ now. Another problem leading up to the death of it was random memory crashes, pc freezing, horrible audio glitch etc..

I need some new insight on this to get me back up and running soon so any help would be appreciated!

System specs at the time:

i7 950 @ stock speeds
3x2gb Corsair XMS 1600mhz
EVGA GTX 570 HD
Corsair HX 850w PSU
OCZ 120gb PCIE SSD x4
Asus Sabertooth X58

huskah

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012

The issue is that it has been tested by Scan (retailer) as working fine. I have a copy of the test notes and the engineer has used all RAM slots and managed to get it to post no problem.