New AA options not available HD 6970?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nojagr6869

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
i recently purchased an HD 6950 which i unlocked to a 6970. However w/e i install the graphic drivers there is not option for MLAA, enhanced quality AA, SSAA or any of the new perks of the 69xx series. Ive tried both the cd drivers and the 10.12 drivers from amd's site but i still get the same results. any ideas?

also note, i used driversweeper to clear out my old hd 4870 drivers but when using winflash it still listed the card as a 4800 (despite this the flash did work properly). maybe its still recognizing my old gpu somehow, anyway to clear it out better than driversweeper?

Solution
Ya, I've had problems getting rid of old drivers from other cards before. The solution I gave fixed it for me, but it required me to actually install an Nvidia card to get rid of it, strange enough.

A fresh windows install is another option.
From the 3D settings window, click on the AA tab at the top. From there there is a checkbox labeled "Morphological filtering". Check that for MLAA. You don't check or do anything else for that feature.

For Supersampling AA, you click on the tab at the top labeled, "AAMode". Then you just slide the slider to the right to get Supersampling. In some games that don't specify a specific mode themselves, this will turn on Supersampling. You can choose MAA and AMAA from there as well.

EQAA is reached when you Override application settings on the AA tab. Once unlocked, the Level slider will allow you to choose EQ levels on some settings. Some ingame settings let you do this too.

nojagr6869

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

i understand that, the problem is that these options arent showing up at all

nojagr6869

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

actually flashed it right away but i did briefly have a hd 6870 which did indeed have those options

You should first try to uninstall and sweep your drivers, then reinstall them to make sure everything is installed correctly. Using the 10.12 drivers from AMD's site. Which it sounds like you did already.

Next step would be to restore your original bios, and make sure it's working in it's original state. (you could possibly try the bios switch on setting 2 first).

studioman22

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Just a note, but you guys might want to sort out which exact bios both of you used to flash the 6950. It would be interesting if they were different, and there were many bios options to use.

We got into this in the other thread, but now you see why I was concerned about what card the drivers were detecting exactly. And no one knows, because they still only list it as a 6900 series, after the flash. His drivers are clearly having problems detecting the right card, and I suspect it may be due to the exact bios used to do the flash. Speculation, sure, but just a thought.

nojagr6869

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

reinstalled switched bios's did it all, even the old bios has the same prob

studioman22

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009

Defective? Or a 6950 that was designed to really be a 6950, and not a 6970? :lol:

Sorry, hate to laugh, but play with fire....

I doubt very much the card is damaged in any way. I know you seem to like to see this, but there are about a hundred of successful users of this on the original site. No one damaged their card, and the handful use people who failed, found another method to make it work. No one has had any issues.

I've also seen people with other 6000 cards have this exact issue, without having tampered with their cards. They solved it by uninstalling their drivers, RegCleaner and installing the drivers on AMD's site. This is likely his issue.

Look at the bottom of the guide: http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/159

That's a lot of success.

nojagr6869

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
well i tried to reinstall with the drivers with the bios 2 option and it still presented the same problem so it is NOT the fact that it is unlocked, it leads me to think its a driver issue, exp since the cards are NOT fully supported by the newest 10.12 drivers...i suppose i have to wait and see :(

nojagr6869

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

tried those, same things

This is what i see
AA1.jpg

AA2-2.jpg

nojagr6869

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
This is an email i just sent sapphire...

I recently purchased a Sapphire HD 6950 and when installing the drivers for the card I found that it did not provide any of the new Anti-Aliasing options that should be available to the card (Morphological AA, Enhanced Quality AA, and Supersample AA). I have since then tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers in various forms including getting the drivers from AMD's site, using the disc that came with the GPU, using driver sweeper and using the backup bios option 2 on the card, every combination of which yielded the same results.

In essence this is what I am seeing:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Cyclone4321/AA1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Cyclone4321/AA2-2.jpg

and this is what I should be seeing:
http://images.anandtech.com/doci/4061/EQAASettings.png

Is there anything I can do to rectify this issue.

By chance, do you own an Nvidia card that is PCIe?

When I had a strange issue a while back, that I could not fix with uninstalls or regcleaner, I was able to uninstall, regcleaner, delete the folder that my drivers were installed from, then installed an Nvidia card. After I installed the drivers, then proceeded to uninstall them and put back in my ATI card, the problem was solved.

nojagr6869

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

aight well i think im going to fresh install my os tomorrow, bout time anyways, thanks for all ur help bystander

Status
Not open for further replies.