Geforce 9500gt issue with screensaver

nvidiauser

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
why is it that I get smooth pan and zoom on my screensaver pictures using a vga cable but when I try to run using the NVIDIA Geforce 9500 card with HDMI cable to tv it gets all choppy. Please advise.

nvidiauser

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010

Latest drivers are installed - 8.17.12.5896 (7/9/2010). Onboard graphics drivers are uninstalled - at first they don't show when the NVIDIA card is installed - took NVIDIA card out, uninstalled onboard drivers (they show in System Properties/Hardware/Display Adapters), reinstalled NVIDIA card. Computer is a DELL Dimension E510 Pentium 4, 3 Ghz processor, with 4 GB memory running Windows 7. Since the screen saver pan and zoom works smoothly using a VGA cable I think the computer is fine - just not sure what else would cause the NVIDIA card to process as expected. Please advise.

nvidiauser

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
I'm using a new DVI-I cable with a DVI-I to HDMI converter to the back of the HDTV monitor's HDMI port. All else looks good on the monitor so I think the cable is ok. I've read something about the NVIDIA card accelerator options may not be set right - don't know where this info is and what it should be set at. Please advise if there is something else to check. Thanks for responding to this supposedly simple but aggravating problem that I'm having. I haven't found anything on the NVIDIA nor Windows site that describes this fundamental looking problem.