  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 5:08:25 PM

For starters, I am borg. I have a firestorm over a base, and will have
another firestorm over a planet that I wish to move the base too at the
end of this turn.

I hop[e ypou see what my question will be. . .

How do I get firestorm#1 to cunny to ship/planet #2 at the end of the
turn? idealy, it can do it, but all the ways I have tried said senerio
has not worked. The way point stuck in space and not with the ship,
thus when I chunnel at the end of movment it is a location out in
space.

I think I tried this using the planet as a way point, or the ship on
intercept, but I don't rememebr all the details.

So, how do I get this to work?

More about : question

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 7:20:19 PM

Let me rephrase what I said, and what I think you said.

Base1 = HW
FireStorm1 = Ship over HW
Planet2 = Planet I want to move my HW to.
Firestorm2 = Ship that will be over Planet2 before the end of the turn.

What I want to do is get Base1 moved to Planet2 by way of FireStorm1 to
Firestorm2. Firestorm2 will be over Planet2 at end of turn. (50 ly
away, going 80 speed)

So all I need to do is FireStorm1 sets Planet2 as Way point, and
because Firestorm2 will be over Planet2, Base1 will be chunneled over.

Does that sound better?
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 8:27:51 PM

That sounds right. You set a planet as the chunnel target, and then
the host checks to see if there's a chunnel ship there after movement.
Your only mistake last time appears to be that you mistakenly set
Firestorm1's waypoint to Firestorm2, and not to Planet2.

-- Karnak Prime
June 7, 2005 2:59:05 AM

I don't know really what you want but here are the ways a FCHC can chunnel a
base:

A base B is to chunnel to a planet P.
The conditions for this are:

Before ground chunnel phase at P has to be a chunneler and at B a ground
chunneler with P as WP.

There are several possibilities to get the needed ships at B and P:

o) they are there already
i) by actively chunneling
ii) by movement
iii) by being towed
iv) by exiting a JG
v) by exiting a WH (of couse B and/or P have luckily be at the exit)
vi) by passively chunneling or paxing
vii) at P there is a new chunneler built
viii) landing luckily after beeing bubbled.

Caution is needed when the ground chunnler first have to travel on its own
before reaching B. Then the course and the speed has to fit in a special way
because the chunneler has to end up exactly on the base which has to be
chunneled. As there still are rounding errors this situtation has to be
scripted and the right WP1 has to be found. My experience is that in most
cases B must not taken as WP1. Instead an off set is needed to let the
ground chunneler land exactly on the base at the end on the turn.

I hope it helps

GFM GToeroe

<codynelson@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> For starters, I am borg. I have a firestorm over a base, and will have
> another firestorm over a planet that I wish to move the base too at the
> end of this turn.
>
> I hop[e ypou see what my question will be. . .
>
> How do I get firestorm#1 to cunny to ship/planet #2 at the end of the
> turn? idealy, it can do it, but all the ways I have tried said senerio
> has not worked. The way point stuck in space and not with the ship,
> thus when I chunnel at the end of movment it is a location out in
> space.
>
> I think I tried this using the planet as a way point, or the ship on
> intercept, but I don't rememebr all the details.
>
> So, how do I get this to work?

June 7, 2005 5:28:22 AM

And don't forget to activate the Ground Chunneling device! ;-))) You
also need at least 101 N on board of FS 1.
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 5:24:54 PM

And kill all x-fields before! ;P