Sign in with
Your question

EVGA GTX 570

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 30, 2010 4:17:46 AM

I recently put a EVGA GTX570 in my PC. When I rebooted, Vista installed the drivers! The GPU seems to work ok! Is it ok to use these drivers or do I need to install the drivers on the Disc and/or EVGA website? If I need to install the drivers from the disc or from the website..Well I don't seem to be able to.

GPU disc....DVD wont recognize cd!
EVGA website.......The website only shows a driver for the GTX580! When I install that driver..it says,
"Install cannot continue..... This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".

Also, when I try to install Precision it says...C:\USers\******\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\content.ie5\m729gkxg\405a[1].zip............APPLICATION NOT FOUND!! wHAT DOES THIS MEAN!

i7 920 2.67
Asus P6T (not the deluxe model)
Corsair XMS3 6gb DDR3 Memory
Samsung 1tb Sata & 300gb Sata
Memorex 16x-ddl-in scsi CDrom
Corsair 850tx power supply
Haf 932 tower
EVGA GTX570
BENQ 24" LED monitor

Please help!

Thanks for any suggestions.

More about : evga gtx 570

December 30, 2010 4:33:30 AM

s1lent said:
I recently put a EVGA GTX570 in my PC. When I rebooted, Vista installed the drivers! The GPU seems to work ok! Is it ok to use these drivers or do I need to install the drivers on the Disc and/or EVGA website? If I need to install the drivers from the disc or from the website..Well I don't seem to be able to.

GPU disc....DVD wont recognize cd!
EVGA website.......The website only shows a driver for the GTX580! When I install that driver..it says,
"Install cannot continue..... This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".

Also, when I try to install Precision it says...C:\USers\******\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\content.ie5\m729gkxg\405a[1].zip............APPLICATION NOT FOUND!! wHAT DOES THIS MEAN!

i7 920 2.67
Asus P6T (not the deluxe model)
Corsair XMS3 6gb DDR3 Memory
Samsung 1tb Sata & 300gb Sata
Memorex 16x-ddl-in scsi CDrom
Corsair 850tx power supply
Haf 932 tower
EVGA GTX570
BENQ 24" LED monitor

Please help!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Download the latest driver here (not sure of your OS version). No reason that shouldn't work. One thing though - Choose custom install and "clean install". This should help remove any previous drivers.
m
l
December 30, 2010 4:42:27 AM

sgt bombulous said:
Download the latest driver here (not sure of your OS version). No reason that shouldn't work. One thing though - Choose custom install and "clean install". This should help remove any previous drivers.

Bombulous,

EVGA is where I tried to install the drivers and it gave me this message!
Also, the driver it says to install is the Official WHQL release Driver for GTX 580 !

Still need some help!
m
l
Related resources
December 30, 2010 4:44:33 AM

My OS...... Vista Home 64bit
m
l
December 30, 2010 5:12:09 AM

Is there something wrong with the GPU? Please read the start of this thread and respond please? This is driving me crazy!
m
l
December 30, 2010 6:02:38 AM

Well, it should be perfectly safe to just use the nVidia website drivers here.

Before installing, it will probably be worth going through the control panel's add/remove programs and remove the old nVidia drivers present, then run driver sweeper to whipe any left overs. Make sure you're in safe mode when you do this just to ensure it goes smoothly, this can be done by tapping F8 immediately at startup or from the MSConfig/BootOptions app in the OS.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2010 6:29:45 AM

The latest NVIDIA driver that supports the GTX 570 is 263.09, which can be obtained from NVIDIA's website.During the installation, click custom install and select the option to perform a clean install.It should remove the existing drivers at first and then install the new drivers.If you perform this, it should not require you to install drivers weeper.
Always download the latest drivers from NVIDIA's website.
m
l
December 30, 2010 2:15:08 PM

zergesys said:
Well, it should be perfectly safe to just use the nVidia website drivers here.

Before installing, it will probably be worth going through the control panel's add/remove programs and remove the old nVidia drivers present, then run driver sweeper to whipe any left overs. Make sure you're in safe mode when you do this just to ensure it goes smoothly, this can be done by tapping F8 immediately at startup or from the MSConfig/BootOptions app in the OS.

Thanks, but I did all that allready! Sorry I did not mention that before!
m
l
December 30, 2010 2:21:30 PM

Tamz_msc said:
The latest NVIDIA driver that supports the GTX 570 is 263.09, which can be obtained from NVIDIA's website.During the installation, click custom install and select the option to perform a clean install.It should remove the existing drivers at first and then install the new drivers.If you perform this, it should not require you to install drivers weeper.
Always download the latest drivers from NVIDIA's website.

I went to EVGA and tried to download drivers but it would'nt work! EVGA website.......The website only shows a driver for the GTX580! When I install that driver..it says,

So you are telling me to go to Nvidia website and download the newest drivers. When I go to drivers section it doesnt list ones for a EVGA card! It only shows Geforce, Nfoce, Quadro..etc! Is it ok to use one of these drivers listed for the drivers for an EVGA GTX570???

THanks for your help!
m
l
December 30, 2010 2:40:43 PM

s1lent said:
I went to EVGA and tried to download drivers but it would'nt work! EVGA website.......The website only shows a driver for the GTX580! When I install that driver..it says,

So you are telling me to go to Nvidia website and download the newest drivers. When I go to drivers section it doesnt list ones for a EVGA card! It only shows Geforce, Nfoce, Quadro..etc! Is it ok to use one of these drivers listed for the drivers for an EVGA GTX570???

THanks for your help!

GeForce is the series, for gaming. You have to remember NVidia only makes the chip (GF110 in this case), EVGA put everything together. NVIdia doesn't actually make the finished product. In any event, THIS is what you should need. Either go to the add or remove programs section and manually uninstall all drivers related to NVidia, or choose the clean install method with this driver.
m
l
December 30, 2010 7:36:19 PM

Thanks for your help but I tried that! So I went to Nvidia site and downloaded them from there and its working fine! Thanks again!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 31, 2010 3:43:31 AM

Vendors like EVGA don't make the drivers, NVIDIA does.Irrespective of the brand of the card you have, ALL GeForce cards work with the the same drivers, which are made by NVIDIA.
m
l
a c 217 U Graphics card
December 31, 2010 3:54:08 AM

The part that is confusing me here, is you keep saying you are attempting to installing the 580 drivers, when you bought a 570. Although they should share the same drivers.

However, when you fill out the info on which drivers to download, make sure you pick the drop down for the 570.

Ah, it seems you did finally get it working.
m
l
December 31, 2010 7:30:23 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions! Card is working fine!
m
l
!