Best 1080p monitor for the buck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

selits

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2009
I just received my Samsung BX2450 24" 2ms LED BackLight LCD monitor from newegg today. Seems good so far.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001421

The only issue I had was the screen wasn't fully used bit I read somewhere it seems like an issue with AMD video cards (I have an AMD 6970) and to fix it I had to open Catalyst Control Center and enable Scaling options and it works fine now.

Obviously though I can't say to much yet as I've only had it a few hours but it cost me about $230 total due to the $50 promo code.

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

Yup AMD has issues with drivers.. thats why I don't use them ^_^

oh and nice ness avatar

selits

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2009

Thanks, Ness rocks ^.^

Its my first time using an AMD/ATI video card. I've been using Nvidia since the FX series and decided this time I'd try out AMD. I actually love my 6970 and the scaling issue with this monitor is the only issue I've had with it so far.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
that asus is hard to beat for the value

the samsung is awsome and 2ms responce but the asus is only 5 so no huge gain there really i don't think its worth the extram money (very nice though if the 50 bucks isn't an issue )

as for the sceptre... not a fan, my roomate had a sceptre rma'd twice (think the second one they sent was a refurb ) moved out and haven't talked much since so don't know if the third one is still working

For your original question on the Asus screen. I wasn't too thrilled about the 5 ms response time. 2 ms is pretty standard, and the lower the better for gaming. Also, the contrast ratio could be much higher. Still it was pretty cheap, but the ones suggested since your original post seem like they would perform better.

Do you need built in speakers?

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

*punts monkey*

Shut up

I get it..

Status
Not open for further replies.