Your question
Closed

Best 1080p monitor for the buck?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 30, 2010 4:31:16 AM

Anyone?
Score
December 30, 2010 4:40:51 AM

I just received my Samsung BX2450 24" 2ms LED BackLight LCD monitor from newegg today. Seems good so far.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The only issue I had was the screen wasn't fully used bit I read somewhere it seems like an issue with AMD video cards (I have an AMD 6970) and to fix it I had to open Catalyst Control Center and enable Scaling options and it works fine now.

Obviously though I can't say to much yet as I've only had it a few hours but it cost me about $230 total due to the $50 promo code.
Score
Related resources
December 30, 2010 5:19:23 AM

selits said:
I just received my Samsung BX2450 24" 2ms LED BackLight LCD monitor from newegg today. Seems good so far.

The only issue I had was the screen wasn't fully used bit I read somewhere it seems like an issue with AMD video cards (I have an AMD 6970) and to fix it I had to open Catalyst Control Center and enable Scaling options and it works fine now.

Obviously though I can't say to much yet as I've only had it a few hours but it cost me about $230 total due to the $50 promo code.

Yup AMD has issues with drivers.. thats why I don't use them ^_^

oh and nice ness avatar
Score
December 30, 2010 6:11:12 AM

Randomacts said:
Yup AMD has issues with drivers.. thats why I don't use them ^_^

oh and nice ness avatar

Thanks, Ness rocks ^.^

Its my first time using an AMD/ATI video card. I've been using Nvidia since the FX series and decided this time I'd try out AMD. I actually love my 6970 and the scaling issue with this monitor is the only issue I've had with it so far.
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2010 7:14:34 AM

Randomacts said:
I want to get a 1080p monitor ~$200 and the bigger the better.. Oh and 120hz refresh rate would be nice..

What would be the best? Right now I am thinking

ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms

But I am not sure if there are better...

ASUS makes really good bang for the buck monitors.
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2010 4:19:09 PM

that asus is hard to beat for the value

the samsung is awsome and 2ms responce but the asus is only 5 so no huge gain there really i don't think its worth the extram money (very nice though if the 50 bucks isn't an issue )

as for the sceptre... not a fan, my roomate had a sceptre rma'd twice (think the second one they sent was a refurb ) moved out and haven't talked much since so don't know if the third one is still working
Score
a c 597 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
December 30, 2010 4:19:59 PM

For your original question on the Asus screen. I wasn't too thrilled about the 5 ms response time. 2 ms is pretty standard, and the lower the better for gaming. Also, the contrast ratio could be much higher. Still it was pretty cheap, but the ones suggested since your original post seem like they would perform better.

Do you need built in speakers?
Score
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
December 30, 2010 5:16:28 PM

Dont worry too much about contrast ratio
that spec is so over abused and the manafacturers will manipulate the number
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
December 30, 2010 5:17:53 PM

Randomacts said:
Anyone?

Why do you expect your thread to be answered in less than ten minutes?
Score
January 9, 2011 2:00:46 AM

Mousemonkey said:
Why do you expect your thread to be answered in less than ten minutes?

The other sections are like that =p

Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
January 9, 2011 2:53:28 PM

Randomacts said:
The other sections are like that =p

So's this one sometimes but there is no obligation to respond to any thread in any amount of time, so if your thread does not get a response in ten minutes, ten hours or ten months just suck it up and move on.
Score
January 9, 2011 3:55:58 PM

Mousemonkey said:
So's this one sometimes but there is no obligation to respond to any thread in any amount of time, so if your thread does not get a response in ten minutes, ten hours or ten months just suck it up and move on.

*punts monkey*

Shut up

I get it..
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
January 9, 2011 3:57:58 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!