sakjur

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
I've been using GA-MA69G-S3H for a couple of years now, and sent it to service once as it wasn't starting. Today, I once more faced the problem since I swapped case and PSU due to my old PSU died (the "kaboom - fuses- hey what's that smell" death..) - having no warranty left (not even if it was prolonged by service) I have to try to solve the problem myself.

My compete setup is:
■ Mobo GA-MA69G-S3H
■ Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ (2x2.5gHz)
■ 4 GBs of DDR2 RAM - divided onto 2x1GB and 1x2GB
■ Graphics card: nVidia GT240
■ PSU - 500W branded unsure which brand
■ 1 TB 7200 WD Greenthingy HDD

Everything went fine when moving components, using an anti-ESD-wristband and moving everything very carefully, nothing should've gone wrong. But when I press the power button, all fans and lights boots up, but the system speaker (which I, btw have plugged in) doesn't make any sound and neither the keyboard nor the screen makes any lifesigns. (The screen and the keyboard works)

I've tried to reset CMOS, play around with the RAM, checked every single cable twice etc. I'm thinking of removing my graphic card and try to boot it w/o, but as it worked before, and the BIOS POST doesn't make any noises, I can't imagine that being the cause of my problem. I can w/o problem hear the HDD starting, eject and uneject the DVD tray and it seems my fan which is using the on-mobo fan-contact works - this also applies to the fan on the graphic card and the processor.

Might my old PSU have murdered my CPU/mobo? I would love not to have to buy a new, as my budget is.. less than tiny.

Thanks on forehand, I hope I've provided enought information.

I would breadboard your system:

1. Remove all connections to the mobo, except for the CPU/HSF
2. Remove the mobo from the case
3. Place mobo on a non-conductive surface (wood, cardboard, etc)
4. Install just one stick of RAM (check your mobo manual for single stick placement)
5. Reconnect the PSU - both the P1 and P4 connectors (remove it from the case, if need be)
6. Connect monitor to the mobo (if you have onboard VGA) or install GPU and then connect monitor.
7. Using a screwdriver, jump the PWR_SW pins on the mobo to turn the system on.

Do you get a display?