$825 (including shipping) - worth it?

pwnttothemax

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
This build is $825 including shipping to Ohio. I'm willing to spend up to $900. Is it worth it?
($760 before shipping)

Gamer Dragon 8000 (NO MONITOR)
DRAGON8000Z, http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Dragon_8000/
*BASE_PRICE: [+899]

CPU: AMD Phenom™II X4 965 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [-24]

FAN: XtremeGear Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

FREEBIE_CU1: FREE Game: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
FREEGAME_VC02: FREE! (Stormrise) Game

HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)

MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module [-64] (Kingston HyperX)

MOTHERBOARD: GigaByte GA-870A-UD3 AMD 870/SB850 chipset

OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

POWERSUPPLY: 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply [+10]

SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers

VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [-85] (Free upgrade from Radeon HD 5670!)

_PRICE: (+760)

**Keep in mind, I need windows on the machine! What do ya'll think?

Solution
Anything branded extreme gear from them or cyberpower for that matter is extremely low end and your just asking for trouble. Do not for any reason get that power supply Please don't try to save money on the PSU its the heart of the system and is not the part to skimp on.
I would not recomend that water cooling unit either. If you have to have water go with one of the others like the 570 unit.
Get a named brand reliable power supply like corsair, cooler master or thermaltake. Using the exteme gear psu your just asking for trouble.

galeener

Distinguished
Anything branded extreme gear from them or cyberpower for that matter is extremely low end and your just asking for trouble. Do not for any reason get that power supply Please don't try to save money on the PSU its the heart of the system and is not the part to skimp on.
I would not recomend that water cooling unit either. If you have to have water go with one of the others like the 570 unit.
Get a named brand reliable power supply like corsair, cooler master or thermaltake. Using the exteme gear psu your just asking for trouble.

Solution

pwnttothemax

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
my current pc has an xtremegear. had it for ~2 yrs with no problems, so i'm not worried.

so i'm thinking about upgrading the vga to a geforce gtx 460 superclocked. thoughts? obviously it's a bit more expensive.

pwnttothemax

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
so is this the cyberpower forum just to tell people not to use cyberpower? frankly i don't have the time nor really the expertise, so i'm paying someone else to do it.

i don't mean to incite the mighty flame. or maybe i do. i had a rough day lol

galeener

Distinguished
I didnt say not to buy from them I just said really what components I wouldn't recomend. I have gotten 3 systems from them and all of them still run fine to this day with no issues but then again, I researched all the components and didn't skimp on anypart that could potentually take out the whole system when it dies.
You will not find any good reveiws on the xtreme gear parts. What you want to build with is ultimately up to you. Evidently you wanted some in put though or you wouldn't have posted here. A 460 gtx will drwore power than the original card you chose and a super clocked version even more. . It is a pretty good card though.

pwnttothemax

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
oh sorry galeener, i was responding to the other people posting on here. yeah PSU is really important. sadly i already placed my order so i can't change back to a diff one. it was significantly cheaper (maybe i'm asking for a meltdown) than PSU's with less wattage even, though. also xtreme gear just sounds cool, doesn't it? come on, that's gotta get some cred lol.

mostly i'm just excited for the gtx 460 though. i know it's not exactly top of the line, but i've never been anywhere close to the line with my current radeon HD 4670 :lol:

pwnttothemax

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
I've changed a few things since I sent the order in. Mainly I took everyone's advice and scrapped the XtremeGear parts. Here's my final build. I went up to about $930.

CPU: AMD Phenom™II X4 965 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

FAN: Thermaltake V1 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan

FREEBIE_CU1: FREE Game: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
FREEGAME_VC02: FREE! (Stormrise) Game

HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)

MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Kingston HyperX)

MOTHERBOARD: Asus M4A87TD EVO AMD 870

OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - Thermaltake W0308RU EVO

SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA Superclocked)

galeener

Distinguished
looks good
Make sure when you get it you inspect it
1. to see if its what you ordered
2. All the parts are there and the right parts
3 go through and make sure all cables are seated or connected.
4. fans spin free and there are as many as you ordered
5 All add in cards are seated and powered.
Then button it up and see if it works.
Make sure you got all the driver disks ,back up media and books.
aLSO THAT THEY INCLOSED THE UPC LABELS OR THE ORIGINAL BOXES IN CASE YOU EVER NEED TO USE THE MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY.
Make sure you register the mother board, video card everything that you can.
put all the paper work some where that it wont get lost incase you do need to RMA.
Then have fun.

goosegas

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011

Max-

For the price, that setup is very nice. I do not think you could do better for the money.

FYI: My son just replaced his NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT 1GB video card with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 EVGA w/1 GB GDDR5 & what a difference.

He regularly plays L4D2, Fallout New Vegas, Battlefied Bad Company 2, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, WOW, Metro 2033, etc. and he plays everything at the highest or near highest settings and has more than tripled his FPS even at 1920 x 1200 Resolution. I think you will like this card.