Nikon Coolpix 5700 "Tethered"?

Last response: in Digital Camera
February 7, 2005 4:46:12 AM

Hi!

Is there any software that can be used to control (and take pictures
with) my Nikon Coolpix 5700 from my PC?

Thanks,

Paul R
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 5:50:02 PM

Unfortunately, no. This is a feature only held by the digital SLR's from
Nikon.

<paulvruggeri@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Is there any software that can be used to control (and take pictures
> with) my Nikon Coolpix 5700 from my PC?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul R

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 11:23:00 PM

Jason P. wrote:
> Unfortunately, no. This is a feature only held by the digital SLR's
> from Nikon.

Didn't the Nikon Coolpix 990 allow this? I'm sure I've seen software on
the Web.

http://www.charliex.net/cpix/cpix.htm

Cheers,
David
February 7, 2005 11:23:01 PM

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 20:23:00 -0000, in rec.photo.digital "David J Taylor"
<david-taylor@invalid.com> wrote:

>Jason P. wrote:
>> Unfortunately, no. This is a feature only held by the digital SLR's
>> from Nikon.
>
>Didn't the Nikon Coolpix 990 allow this? I'm sure I've seen software on
>the Web.

I believe Jason is referring to the ability to use the Nikon Capture
software to do this. Remote control in Capture is limited to the dslrs.
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
February 8, 2005 4:50:15 AM

Yeah - as far as Capture Control goes, you can only use that with the
dslr's. Windows XP has a feature built into it however, which will allow you
to take a picture from a PTP connected Coolpix camera. There is no control
over the camera using this method however.

news:p lof0159ntjja2s510fka79refote0ltd1@4ax.com...

!