Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Asus 990 FX, ThermalTake SpinQ VT, Corsair Vengeance Ram

Last response: in Motherboards
February 4, 2012 2:44:11 AM

Hello, all.

I am wondering if anybody can confirm if the Thermaltake SpinQ VT will block the RAM slots in a Sabertooth 990FX, and if it does, if it will be a problem with Corsair Vengeance Ram (specifically CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R). I can't get a dimension measurement from Thermaltake as to how much clearance the cpu cooler has, so I'm unsure of whether or not to purchase it (I'm going for aesthetics more than performance).

Anybody help a guy out?

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 180 V Motherboard
February 4, 2012 3:58:28 AM

I have the horizontal version of the spin-Q and it just barly comes over the first slot and I would say by a quarter inch. I don't have the Vengence ram sticks just the low profile and the thing clears it by a good half inch. So with the vertical version you should have no trouble and it won't even come close to the first slot.
February 4, 2012 11:26:58 PM

I've ordered the cooler; we'll see how it goes down once it arrives. I'll keep everyone updated.
Score
Related resources
February 12, 2012 1:08:12 AM

Bonus to inzone: the CPU cooler came, and fits awesomely in my machine, and clears the ram just fine. Looks awesome with all my other red fans and my Diamond 6950 in there!
Score
February 12, 2012 1:08:27 AM

Best answer selected by corrinavatan.
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
February 12, 2012 2:48:45 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!