Asus 990 FX, ThermalTake SpinQ VT, Corsair Vengeance Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

corrinavatan

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Hello, all.

I am wondering if anybody can confirm if the Thermaltake SpinQ VT will block the RAM slots in a Sabertooth 990FX, and if it does, if it will be a problem with Corsair Vengeance Ram (specifically CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R). I can't get a dimension measurement from Thermaltake as to how much clearance the cpu cooler has, so I'm unsure of whether or not to purchase it (I'm going for aesthetics more than performance).

Anybody help a guy out?

Solution
I have the horizontal version of the spin-Q and it just barly comes over the first slot and I would say by a quarter inch. I don't have the Vengence ram sticks just the low profile and the thing clears it by a good half inch. So with the vertical version you should have no trouble and it won't even come close to the first slot.
I have the horizontal version of the spin-Q and it just barly comes over the first slot and I would say by a quarter inch. I don't have the Vengence ram sticks just the low profile and the thing clears it by a good half inch. So with the vertical version you should have no trouble and it won't even come close to the first slot.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS