What video card should I get?

tobiashensch

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
Hi all!

I'd like to invest in a new video card but I'm not sure about what card to get.
I'm currently using a HD4870x2 and to be honest, it has served me very well for the last 2 year. But I have to face the truth, it'll soon be time for a pensioning. :sweat:

So here is my question. What video card do you recommend? I'm looking for a high end video card and I'd like to stick with ATI/AMD if it's possible.
What do you say? :sarcastic:

tobiashensch

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009

It performs great in most games but it does meet a limit when playing games such as Crysis and I guess it wont get better over time since the graphics are improved plus the games will be optimized for dx11.

tobiashensch

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009

New build?
Why the hell should I do that when the gpu is the only lack in my rig. Dude, I don't think you're the right guy to help me out here. And yes, the only purpose is to get a better frame rate, what else?

tobiashensch

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009

My cpu is a Core i7-920 @3,2ghz
All i'm asking for is the best high end video card on the market. Think you can answer me that instead of telling me that a cpu affects framerates ???

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
best gpu on the market atm is the replacment on your card the hd 5970

but the gtx 580 is single gpu and close, soon the hd 6990 will be released and it will more than likely unseat the 5970 as top card

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-recommendation-upgrade,2803-7.html

to be fair though usually when you post about a graphics card you should usually just post specs up front so everybody can see your new gpu will not be bottlenecked, zulfadhli was just trying to help :D

TRENDING THREADS