Suggestions for a Build?

So I'm building my first computer, and through the research I've done, these are the components that I feel deserve a place in my system:

-Intel i7-2600K
-Asus Maximus iv
-Nvidia gtx 580 Fermi (probably an EVGA one, but not sure yet)
-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2 x 4 gb) DDR3 ram

I know that's an incomplete list, but I'm unsure what to do as far as power supply, case, hard drives, cooling, and cd drives are concerned. I would be very appreciative if anyone has solid recommendations for the components I'm missing.

Thanks!
10 answers Last reply
More about suggestions build
  1. For PSU recommendation check out the websites of several PSU vendors and see what they suggest for your desired configuration. Also, ASUS's support website has a PSU calculator. See here: http://support.asus.com/PowerSupplyCalculator/PSCalculator.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
  2. Ok! That solves one problem!
  3. This is a pretty widely used PSU calculator, and is more extensive than the Asus calculator - http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

What's your budget like with this build?

In general, I would recommend the following
    Case: Cooler Master 912/922 or Antec 300/900
    Hard drive: Samsung F3 1TB, SSD for OS (if budget allows)
    CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212+
    Cd drive: really anything works here; Asus, LiteOn, and LG all make solid drives that I've owned (CD/DVD/Bluray)
  4. I'm trying to keep my budget around $2,000. Currently, with the addition of the components suggested by boiler1990, I'm at $1,500~1,600. Not too shabby =)
  5. Other things u will need
    Monitor
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    OS
    Speakers
  6. Yes, those are essential. I have a keyboard and mouse; I still need to get a monitor, OS and some decent speakers- mine are old and blown out =P
  7. where you buying from?
  8. Newegg, I guess...Any other good places to buy from?
  9. Check Amazon once you know what you're getting. Sometimes, you'll at least get free shipping. DEFINITELY buy your case on Amazon, since Newegg tends to charge a decent amount for shipping (they are big).
  10. Thank you, I will keep that in mind =)
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Components Systems