HD Dual monitor newby question

zenxpctwo

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Hey, so atm I'm running dual monitors on the exact same type of TV. One of my monitors is in HD with a HDMI cable. And the other from a RGB cable, so one is in HD and the other in SD.
Basically, I have ANOTHER HDMI input on my motherboard. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if and how I can have one monitor running from my graphics card, and another from my motherboard?
I am on windows 7 and when I try going into the BIOS I just fail since I don't know anything :( Please help. (I did buy a gold plated 15 pin SVGA cable, but it didn't work at all) please help :)

I do not believe you can run one of the monitors from your motherboard which is effectly running off your integrated graphics card, and another running off a discrete card at the same time.

However, I'd like to point out that it's pretty much impossible to see the difference between a VGA adapter and an HDMI addapter. The main thing that seperates the two, is the HDMI can also support sound, but you wouldn't want two sources of sound anyways.

zenxpctwo

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Well, I got a 15 pin golden VGA cable, and it is really not as sharp and colourful as my main display. I put both displays in 1360x760. If possible could you or anybody send me a link to a cable that will deffinately do the job? Or just tell me what to look for, thanks :)